Welcome, Guest Login Register

Motivation To Do GFX.
So. You are looking into the world of doing graphics? 

Well first thing is first, are you going to push your self to learn?

If you don't have the will to learn then you will go no where, and waist your time. 

If you don't convince your self, and believe in your self then you will fail.

Many people who work on movie SFX, and logos for professional company's started off where you are at. 

So, now you think you are ready? Well you are. You never needed anyone to tell you, you just needed to open your eyes. 

If you don't know what you are doing, then that is how you know your doing good. 

It is all about having the motivation to go through with this, and actually do it. 

You can start off doing it as a hobby, and then turn it into a job, even if you are teen. 

You most likely feel like you won't go anywhere with doing GFX, or even know where to start. We all were at this point as some time, and we are all on this forum to help you.

Now, hopefully you are in the mood to do some GFX, hop on Photoshop, open you up a image and start that editing!
That's some tough love right there Covet.
That's great too. Motivation is also born out of necessity. Eventually somebody will have to download Photoshop themselves and try to learn what they can. Same thing goes for programming too. You can pay people to do all of this but eventually you will have to get your hands dirty and learn a little yourself. I still can't do anything advanced in Photoshop but I am learning. As of right now I'm capable of creating minor things, but nowhere near the skill of you or Wage.
(06-12-2016, 09:56 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote: That's great too. Motivation is also born out of necessity. Eventually somebody will have to download Photoshop themselves and try to learn what they can. Same thing goes for programming too. You can pay people to do all of this but eventually you will have to get your hands dirty and learn a little yourself. I still can't do anything advanced in Photoshop but I am learning. As of right now I'm capable of creating minor things, but nowhere near the skill of you or Wage.

That is how I used to be, I used to play around on notepad, (for coding), and then for GFX I would use Paint. You just have to keep trying, and learning and eventually you will learn and become a pro.
Great little speech :D Motivation can be hard to find sometimes especially when it comes to graphics! Ive had times in the past where i think can i be bothered, but you just keep pushing on!

Like many of you i started right where you are! About 8 years ago as a kid i was on youtube asking people to make me a banner (praying it would be free :P ) until one day i decided why pay someone when i can teach myself. Little did i know that was the beginning of my entire future!

Over the past 8 years I've just been teaching myself new things everyday, pushing on and on! Its completely shaped my education, my work and my life as a whole!

If you have the passion to create graphics whatever it may be, no matter how hard it gets or lack of effort you have, just try to push yourself past that wall! Cause i promise you, once you get over it, I've never looked back!!
(06-13-2016, 07:13 AM)Createch Wrote: Great little speech :D Motivation can be hard to find sometimes especially when it comes to graphics! Ive had times in the past where i think can i be bothered, but you just keep pushing on!

Like many of you i started right where you are! About 8 years ago as a kid i was on youtube asking people to make me a banner (praying it would be free :P ) until one day i decided why pay someone when i can teach myself. Little did i know that was the beginning of my entire future!

Over the past 8 years I've just been teaching myself new things everyday, pushing on and on! Its completely shaped my education, my work and my life as a whole!

If you have the passion to create graphics whatever it may be, no matter how hard it gets or lack of effort you have, just try to push yourself past that wall! Cause i promise you, once you get over it, I've never looked back!!

Wow, that is a amazing little back story about you. I am sure that we all have asked for some free graphics, I know I sure have, and I am sure we are were at one point stuck behind a 20 foot high brick wall. But if you strive, and make it your goal to do graphics, or anything in this world you can do it. You just have to push yourself through that brick wall first.
(06-13-2016, 07:13 AM)Createch Wrote: Great little speech :D Motivation can be hard to find sometimes especially when it comes to graphics! Ive had times in the past where i think can i be bothered, but you just keep pushing on!

Very similar to how I started out, on YouTube. I would ask people to make me a YouTube banner/avatar and it was a hassle. So I ended up practicing and learning myself so I would never have to ask anyone again. Years later...the same process has repeated itself for things like video editing, web design, and programming.