Welcome, Guest Login Register

3D Printer
hi, sort of belongs here, i was going to invest in a 3d printer, not only to make useful things for around my room, house but to also start a minor service selling things 3d printed, any ideas? thoughts on this?
I've been seeing a lot of these services/showcases around on other forums and some of them look really good.

I wouldn't know where to start but I'd definitely get one if you have the money to spare. And if you're going to be offering a service with it you could maybe even make your $$ back.
(06-12-2016, 04:56 PM)Wage Wrote: I've been seeing a lot of these services/showcases around on other forums and some of them look really good.

I wouldn't know where to start but I'd definitely get one if you have the money to spare. And if you're going to be offering a service with it you could maybe even make your $$ back.

easily, more than happy to invest in these sorts of things, might start forum service for people who want characters, parts, addons, clips etc.. as i wont be looking for a major service
(06-12-2016, 05:00 PM)chronicle L33T Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 04:56 PM)Wage Wrote: I've been seeing a lot of these services/showcases around on other forums and some of them look really good.

easily, more than happy to invest in these sorts of things, might start forum service for people who want characters, parts, addons, clips etc.. as i wont be looking for a major service

When the time comes you can always post a 3D Printing service thread in our Requests & Services section.
Ive used 3D printers a few times, we have a fairly standard one in the studio but they're pretty useful :) Can literally print pretty much anything these days if you get a high end one. If you've got the money to spend id say go for it!
I will go ahead and tell you, as I am sure you have done extensive research on this your self, is that its pretty expensive when it comes to getting everything. But as the other users have said, if you have the spare money saved up for this, then go for it! Maybe if you keep going with it for a few years you can become promoted by a big brand that makes 3D printers, or the ink for them. But it all starts with you.
(06-12-2016, 05:34 PM)Createch Wrote: Ive used 3D printers a few times, we have a fairly standard one in the studio but they're pretty useful :) Can literally print pretty much anything these days if you get a high end one. If you've got the money to spend id say go for it!

doesnt always mean high end, sometimes ones that are half the price of the ones which cost a shit ton, can do the same job if not better, its the type you invest in, part wise, ratings, duration, quality.
(06-13-2016, 01:45 AM)chronicle L33T Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 05:34 PM)Createch Wrote: Ive used 3D printers a few times, we have a fairly standard one in the studio but they're pretty useful :) Can literally print pretty much anything these days if you get a high end one. If you've got the money to spend id say go for it!

doesnt always mean high end, sometimes ones that are half the price of the ones which cost a shit ton, can do the same job if not better, its the type you invest in, part wise, ratings, duration, quality.
Oh yeah i completely agree with you, i couldn't think of the right word at the time, i meant like the big industrial ones that people have used to print fully working guns, organs and what not :)
(06-13-2016, 05:03 AM)Createch Wrote:

Oh yeah i completely agree with you, i couldn't think of the right word at the time, i meant like the big industrial ones that people have used to print fully working guns, organs and what not :)

Woah, woah wait what? They can 3D print organs now? That is honestly insane.
(06-15-2016, 07:18 PM)Covet Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 05:03 AM)Createch Wrote:

Woah, woah wait what? They can 3D print organs now? That is honestly insane.
Yeah some of the technology that goes into these things are incredible! Some pretty amazing stories of people being saved because of ability to print pacemakers, ER equipment and even bits of the body!