Welcome, Guest Login Register

Like System
(06-11-2016, 11:03 AM)NetSteals Wrote: Well, it's a great addition if I must say so myself. I had a similar one done on one of my zifboards sites, that had Facebook style thumb up and thumb down, and the response was great(well, at first, but, now, since the site is so quiet, without much activities... I am not even sure if it still works... LOL).

I started to use an icon for it at first but it wouldn't look all that well considering all of the other buttons don't have one. And those were removed because I didn't like it.
I've thought about this kind of thing for a long time. I like the Like system, but I also really like MyBB reputation, it's unique. Also you can give people rep based on a post. Rep can be a good quality judgement if based on ratings from posts.

Also if you are still considering alternate rep systems, check this out - http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=234

If you wanted, you can just use this as a rep system. But the biggest con, and my favorite thing about reputation, is that it can be defined by typing in the comment box.

Thank you.
(06-11-2016, 11:25 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote: I've thought about this kind of thing for a long time. I like the Like system, but I also really like MyBB reputation, it's unique. Also you can give people rep based on a post. Rep can be a good quality judgement if based on ratings from posts.

Also if you are still considering alternate rep systems, check this out - http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=234

If you wanted, you can just use this as a rep system. But the biggest con, and my favorite thing about reputation, is that it can be defined by typing in the comment box.

Thank you.

I've thought about enabling reputation on posts for a while now but I wouldn't want users giving multiple reputations to the same user left and right so the default system would need to be tweaked a bit for my liking. I'm considering it.

Thank you for the suggestion.
(06-11-2016, 11:59 PM)Wage Wrote:
(06-11-2016, 11:25 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote: I've thought about this kind of thing for a long time. I like the Like system, but I also really like MyBB reputation, it's unique. Also you can give people rep based on a post. Rep can be a good quality judgement if based on ratings from posts.

Thank you.

I've thought about enabling reputation on posts for a while now but I wouldn't want users giving multiple reputations to the same user left and right so the default system would need to be tweaked a bit for my liking. I'm considering it.

I wouldn't say so much as a reputation system for it, but a rating system for it.
(06-15-2016, 07:20 PM)Covet Wrote:

Thank you.

I wouldn't say so much as a reputation system for it, but a rating system for it.

That's pretty much what the feature is, it comes with MyBB by default but I have it disabled. What it does is allow you to rate posts just like you would with our like system but you can also leave a comment if you choose to do so.
(06-15-2016, 07:34 PM)Wage Wrote:
(06-15-2016, 07:20 PM)Covet Wrote:

Thank you.

That's pretty much what the feature is, it comes with MyBB by default but I have it disabled. What it does is allow you to rate posts just like you would with our like system but you can also leave a comment if you choose to do so.

Seems interesting, not to sure how it would work though.

Thank you.

Yeah the only thing I'd like to see added is a bar under the post that says who repped the post and how (positive or negative) they repped it. I like the reputation system. Streamlined through the entire forum, not divided between likes and rep. Rep can be used for both posts and other stuff. An user with a high rep shows high quality posts and popularity.
(06-15-2016, 08:48 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:

Thank you.

Yeah the only thing I'd like to see added is a bar under the post that says who repped the post and how (positive or negative) they repped it. I like the reputation system. Streamlined through the entire forum, not divided between likes and rep. Rep can be used for both posts and other stuff. An user with a high rep shows high quality posts and popularity.

This is what I want to do, I'm actually glad you brought that up.

I don't like how it's divided right now having both a reputation system and like system. What I might do is open a forum poll and get this resolved once and for all. One or the other.
(06-15-2016, 09:59 PM)Wage Wrote:
(06-15-2016, 08:48 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:

Thank you.

I don't like how it's divided right now having both a reputation system and like system. What I might do is open a forum poll and get this resolved once and for all. One or the other.

I like that idea to be honest. Can't wait too see the forum.
(06-16-2016, 12:16 PM)Covet Wrote:
(06-15-2016, 09:59 PM)Wage Wrote:
(06-15-2016, 08:48 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:

Thank you.

I like that idea to be honest. Can't wait too see the forum.

I've enabled post reputations for now so you can all see what it's about.