Welcome, Guest Login Register

My best speed art | Minecraft banners
This is my best creation ever. Feel free to ask any questions

Looking good but I'm sure you can improve the layerstyle on the text greatly.

I'm a big fan of simplistic designs but the minecraft character seems a little too popped out. The colors of the character model is what's throwing it off.

How long did this take you? Nice speedart nonetheless.
Looks nice. I used to do minecraft banners back in the day, its a style of its own now haha.
Something I would improve would be the text; just as Wage said the layerstyle should be changed and make it more legible.
Also adding some adjustment layers at the end could elevate your work. Maybe working with CC or brightness and contrast.
(06-03-2016, 06:20 PM)PapaJoy Wrote: Looks nice. I used to do minecraft banners back in the day, its a style of its own now haha.
Something I would improve would be the text; just as Wage said the layerstyle should be changed and make it more legible.
Also adding some adjustment layers at the end could elevate your work. Maybe working with CC or brightness and contrast.

Do you recommend me downloading a layer style pack?
(06-03-2016, 05:04 PM)Wage Wrote: Looking good but I'm sure you can improve the layerstyle on the text greatly.

I'm a big fan of simplistic designs but the minecraft character seems a little too popped out. The colors of the character model is what's throwing it off.

How long did this take you? Nice speedart nonetheless.

I will be working on a better layer style. What do you mean by popped out?

The 3D render took me about 30 mins and the photoshop work took me 15 mins. Video rendering took me 45 mins and uploading took all night
I mean it just looks like it's thrown on the background, maybe try adding an overlay on the character? Or some smoke perhaps.
(06-04-2016, 05:11 AM)Wage Wrote: I mean it just looks like it's thrown on the background, maybe try adding an overlay on the character? Or some smoke perhaps.

I just realized what you mean, the character doesn't fit in there, I needed to apply a color overlay just so it would look better. Thanks
Good work, but I think as mentioned by Wage it could do with a little bit more work done with trying to get it all to piece together nicely, the text looks like it's hidden away too much by the main images, whereas the text should be one of the main parts that grabs your attention first
(06-04-2016, 05:37 AM)FlareGraphics Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 05:11 AM)Wage Wrote: I mean it just looks like it's thrown on the background, maybe try adding an overlay on the character? Or some smoke perhaps.

I just realized what you mean, the character doesn't fit in there, I needed to apply a color overlay just so it would look better. Thanks

No problem, glad I could help.
First of i want to say nice speed art :) For the banner you have all the right ideas going on, just a few bits and pieces need touching up. As previously mentioned the text layers need to be worked on a little. As its pretty much the most important aspect, i would definitely tone it down on the glow a little.

And finally just as many others said, the character just kinda looks a bit out of place, as if he is just on top of it all but not actually in the scene itself. some work on the layering and blending would fix this right up :)

Nether the less great speed art and love the minecraft style you do :)
Very nice speed art. I just think that the colours in the actual minecraft character were very bright compared to the rest.

Maybe try a different colour scheme depending on the character colours  :hurr: