Welcome, Guest Login Register

Ask Wage Anything
(06-13-2016, 05:59 PM)Wage Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 05:43 PM)Covet Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 05:35 PM)Wage Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 05:27 PM)Covet Wrote: Alright a question that I have, is what are you requirements for forum mods?

A loyal, well tempered member that's active more than the majority and plays well with others. Anyone that asks to be a mod will more than likely never be one, I'll be the one to pick them out myself. While I may be tolerant to a newcomer's mistakes an abusive mod is something that won't be tolerated. Most admins just demote them but any mod caught abusing their powers on here will no longer be welcome. I can go on for hours explaining the whys and ifs but it all falls under common sense and that's what will be required.

I completely agree with what you just stated. Glad to see that we are both on the same mind set about how a mod is supposed to do there job. I really like the fact that, you stated that mod caught abusing there power will be terminated.  Glad to hear back from you.

I believe in second chances but once a staff member goes rogue they can no longer be trusted. By default the ideal ModCP of every community running software likes ours (MyBB) can contain information otherwise not visible to the public view. This should give you a picture of how much destruction a mod or rogue admin can cause on any modern website when given the chance.

Yea, I was a forum mod on a old forum, who also used MyBB so I know how much destruction, and havoc can be caused by it.
How long were you working on PF behind the scenes? From when you purchased the domain to when PF went public?
(06-14-2016, 02:04 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote: How long were you working on PF behind the scenes? From when you purchased the domain to when PF went public?

I couldn't say exactly but before everything was setup and the domain was purchased I had the latest copy of our software setup on my computer (localhost) fixing up all the security that wasn't already done out-of-the-box, designing the theme, and setting up our sitemap which is most of the forums you see now.
Another question that I have is, will you add a marketplace?
A marketplace for everything, such as gfx, game items, games, other things.

- Sorry if some one already has asked this question.
(06-15-2016, 01:27 PM)Covet Wrote: Another question that I have is, will you add a marketplace?

You can use the Requests & Services sub-forum to sell/buy graphics but I see no reason to add a virtual game marketplace when we're a graphic design community.
(06-15-2016, 01:38 PM)Wage Wrote:
(06-15-2016, 01:27 PM)Covet Wrote: Another question that I have is, will you add a marketplace?

You can use the Requests & Services sub-forum to sell/buy graphics but I see no reason to add a virtual game marketplace when we're a graphic design community.

True, true. Good point.
Even though I already know your answers,what are you expectations from PF and how far you think this will go through? (can't really expect any exact answer but don't put yourself down your expectations :))
(06-16-2016, 04:37 PM)Tyrant Wrote: Even though I already know your answers,what are you expectations from PF and how far you think this will go through? (can't really expect any exact answer but don't put yourself down your expectations :))

Quote:I can't ask much more from our current active members, we're a small forum and it's likely that we will be for a while. A community like this takes time so rushing it would prove to be pointless. I published this forum knowing that, so going against it would completely contradict not only myself but even the forum. Apart from myself I see everyone doing their best.

AT most I could ask of any of you right now is to share this forum with any of your friends and just have a good time.

With this in mind, I can't see myself shutting down PF anytime soon.
(06-16-2016, 04:50 PM)Wage Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 04:37 PM)Tyrant Wrote: Even though I already know your answers,what are you expectations from PF and how far you think this will go through? (can't really expect any exact answer but don't put yourself down your expectations :))

Quote:I can't ask much more from our current active members, we're a small forum and it's likely that we will be for a while. A community like this takes time so rushing it would prove to be pointless. I published this forum knowing that, so going against it would completely contradict not only myself but even the forum. Apart from myself I see everyone doing their best.

AT most I could ask of any of you right now is to share this forum with any of your friends and just have a good time.

With this in mind, I can't see myself shutting down PF anytime soon.

That response, made my day. Glad to see my favorite forum won't be shutting down.
Yeah it's a little too early to consider shutting down anyway. We shouldn't be discussing negativity like that anyway. As long as we keep up the pace with posts and activity and Wage puts more into advertising, PF will grow. :)