Welcome, Guest Login Register

Twitch Banner i did in Photoshop
Nothing special just wanted to post it somewhere since twitch makes all your images you upload to potato quality.

[Image: 0qvK.jpg]
I like the particles in the background! Really pushes the appearance.
(05-27-2017, 06:39 PM)Akito Wrote: I like the particles in the background! Really pushes the appearance.

haha thanks.. its literally destiny 2 cover but i just put  a blue layer over it  Xd
The text would stand out more if you added a drop-shadow with the “Follow me @Kennstro” benefiting the most from it. You could also use a soft brush and add a bit of lighting on top of that character-render that way it doesn't look like a layer that doesn't within that space.

Example: (maybe a bit brighter though, just experiment with it)
[Image: OMeSpXt.png]
@Wage I think the idea of fading the character towards the bottom is nice but I think it's standing out way too much with the blue tone as you did.
That way it would put a new layer on top of all but it actually were just three (background "splash", character and title). If you change the blue spot to black it wouldn't be that visible by dropping a new layer but rather makes the character just fading away which could gives the banner more depth.
(05-28-2017, 02:52 PM)Akito Wrote: @Wage I think the idea of fading the character towards the bottom is nice but I think it's standing out way too much with the blue tone as you did.
That way it would put a new layer on top of all but it actually were just three (background "splash", character and title). If you change the blue spot to black it wouldn't be that visible by dropping a new layer but rather makes the character just fading away which could gives the banner more depth.

Yep that would be a much better proposal.
(05-28-2017, 03:07 PM)Wage Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 02:52 PM)Akito Wrote: @Wage I think the idea of fading the character towards the bottom is nice but I think it's standing out way too much with the blue tone as you did.

Yep that would be a much better proposal.

either way it wouldn't really matter since twitch blurs your images really bad so the quality of adding those little 2 touches will not be beneficial at the end.
Try to compress your images as much as you can before uploading if they're large in file-size.

You can use a service like https://compressor.io/ to achieve this. Make sure to choose the lossless option. Also make very sure you're using the correct dimensions because if you aren't Twitch will compensate by resizing it which will result in a lot of the quality being lost.
There isn't much to add other then stated. But may trying making a clipping mask above the social icons and making them white.