Welcome, Guest Login Register

Cathedral Pillars in HDR - What do you think?
Hey guys! Sorry for being that inactive the last days or even weeks.
I've got a lot of work to do but now I got some freetime in which I want to share my newest photo with you.

The following shot was made in a small and unused cathedral I've found somewhere in the northern Italy. Its wasn't a bright day so the inside was a little bit too unlit to take photos without a tripod. Thats why the quality isn't that great, especially the noise is too much for my taste.
At home I was about to put it into my dead-pictures-folder but I tried something out and duplicated an edit of the pcitures with three different exposure settings. After merging them together like a HDR and applying some adjustments like color grading and vibrance I got this:

[Image: pillars__by_akitophotography-db3iggg.jpg]
Some EXIFs: 24mm | 1/15 sec | F3.2 | ISO 500 on Nikon D80 and Sigma 24mm F1.8 Macro

Watch it on --> DeviantArt for a higher resolution

What do you think about it and do you mind the noise?
Welcome back Akito.

The noise is really blocking out a lot of the detail but I think it makes the image look more authentic and old. Which really blends in well with the setting. Are you allowed to take pictures of the artwork? Those would have been some nice shots too!
What a late reply... Sorry for that!
Yeah I really had problems with the lighting, thats why I made a HDR to get much detailes as possible, especially in the deep shadows.
You mean the frescos right? I were allowed to but didn't got the time to get a great view to shoot some bracketings so they were just to save for me but not really to share.
Thanks for the feedback, I hope you're ok with the long waiting^
Yes is that what they're called? I was referring to the engravings to be more clear about it.

[Image: aERZEOo.png]
Ohh that's what you meant. I thought about the typical wallpaintings you can find in cathedrals.
So, no I didn't make a closer shot of the engravings which would have been nice actually.
(05-28-2017, 02:43 PM)Akito Wrote: Ohh that's what you meant. I thought about the typical wallpaintings you can find in cathedrals.
So, no I didn't make a closer shot of the engravings which would have been nice actually.

There's always next time.