Welcome, Guest Login Register

Hey there! And who am I? - Gone Philosophical (with photo examples)
Hello guys!
I'm new to this forum and already enjoyed reading some posts. Cute community  Wink

So who am I and why I'm here?

Quick answer: I'm a student with huge interest in photography but also in other kind of art like music, design or videography. I got invited to this forum and I'm very thankfully, I was looking around for a nice community I can talk with about my biggest hobby. So lets see how this will be going.  Smile

Detailed answer: I'm currently 17 years old and live in Germany. I enjoy photographing really much, don't know since when but it feels like since I was born  Xd . I also enjoy editing photos, not to falsify them with retouching or other procedures you are altering the content hardly with, but to shore up the appearance of the picture as a piece of art, to strengthen the idea behind the photograph. The viewer don't just has to see the picture, he has to feel it. My most favourite quotation expresses that really great: “When people look at my pictures I want them to feel the way they do when they want to read a line of a poem twice”  (Robert Frank, Photographer).

What kind of photography are you doing?

Well I'm interested in lots of stuff crossing my way. Flowers for example. They are a big beauty of the nature, but so small! I want to show their perfect shape and their amazing colors in my macro photos. Waterdrops. They are difficult to capture greatly but if you're making a perfect shot - just wow to look at that wet thing, ideally smacking on a surface of water. Animals are art. They have so much details I want to discover, feathers, coat, skin - and purely nature! But also human-made things like rusty grids, padlocks or other architectorical details are nice to put in the limelight.

Can you show some of your work?

Sure thing! A quick overview of what I'm doing:

[Image: locked_lips_by_akitophotography-dabeytp.jpg]  [Image: latend_bud_by_akitophotography-dabvddl.jpg]  [Image: cold_drop_by_akitophotography-das64d3.jpg]
[Image: marguerite_by_akitophotography-dabc6bv.jpg]  [Image: black_jackdaw_by_akitophotography-dabc60g.jpg]  [Image: raspberry_by_akitophotography-dap2eo7.jpg]  [Image: strasbourg_b_w_by_akitophotography-dawbxku.jpg]

If you are interested in more, feel free to visit me on DeviantArt and my Tumblr which I just started.

What equipment are you using?

Cameras: Nikon D300, Nikon D80, Lumix G2

Lenses: 50mm / F1.8, 105mm / F2.8 (macro lens), 18-50mm / F2.8-4.5, 50-200mm / F4.0-5.6, 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6, 30mm / F1.4, 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6

Software: Adobe Photoshop CS 6, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.4 - 6.0

So yea, if you read all this, thanks a lot! I hope I'm welcomed to this community and see you in the posts! Angel Wink

~Akito Penguin
On behalf of everyone, I really appreciate the wonderful introduction. I really like the photo you've taken of the Black Jackdaw going by the name of your showcase on DeviantArt (don't know a lot about birds myself). Looking forward to seeing you around.
(02-08-2017, 05:43 PM)Wage Wrote: On behalf of everyone, I really appreciate the wonderful introduction. I really like the photo you've taken of the Black Jackdaw going by the name of your showcase on DeviantArt (don't know a lot about birds myself). Looking forward to seeing you around.

Thanks a lot, I really appreceate it! Angel Hopefully I have enough time to spend hours on this forum^^
Welcome :)

Lovely pictures!!
(02-09-2017, 05:28 AM)jamzyee Wrote: Welcome :)

Lovely pictures!!

Thank you very much! Smile
nice pictures! welcome to Pixel Forums!
Have a wonderful stay, we server mints under the pillows!
Owner of Isaac's Logo service/I-Logos
Send me
A PM!