Welcome, Guest Login Register

How do you feel about something like this?
I wanted to ask you all before I made a change like this that may effect the way you view our homepage. I plan adding various side-boxes that will only show up on the homepage (index) of this forum. The side-boxes will contain useful/fun information that isn't otherwise view-able anywhere else.

Here's what it would look like, you'd see it on the homepage (index) off to the right of the page. Should we add it or not? Let me know what you think.
[Image: a5qpgV2.png]
I like the activity feed idea. It can drive good interaction to new posts.
I like it as well.
will this just be a picture or will it be a thread? Maybe we could put it on the home screen.
Owner of Isaac's Logo service/I-Logos
Send me
A PM!

(01-22-2017, 01:01 PM)GamesWithIsaac Wrote: will this just be a picture or will it be a thread? Maybe we could put it on the home screen.

This will be an actual feature that you'll see on the homepage/homescreen. The image you saw was just a preview of what it would look like.
Personally think the feed is a good idea. As Snow said it could help drive further activity to new posts.

As for top poster, because the site still has low member numbers, that majority of the time you (Wage) will have top poster. Maybe this is something you could include later on?
(01-25-2017, 11:59 AM)Createch Wrote: Personally think the feed is a good idea. As Snow said it could help drive further activity to new posts.

As for top poster, because the site still has low member numbers, that majority of the time you (Wage) will have top poster. Maybe this is something you could include later on?

I've made adjustments so admins aren't allowed to show up on the top poster feed because I knew that would be a problem haha.
how will the top poster be ranked? like of how many post he/she has made or how good is his/her's post are?
Owner of Isaac's Logo service/I-Logos
Send me
A PM!

(01-26-2017, 12:08 AM)GamesWithIsaac Wrote: how will the top poster be ranked? like of how many post he/she has made or how good is his/her's post are?

How many posts a member has gained within a certain time period (likely will go by month). Everything is automatic so if you gain more posts within that time period than the current top poster you'll be the new top poster.
Seems like a great idea to me, and it will encourage more user involvement. Nice job on the logo by the way. :)