Welcome, Guest Login Register

Does music distract you?
Does music distract any of you while trying to design, work, or do things like play video games? I'm usually listening to music no matter what I'm doing and don't ever find it to be distracting. When trying hard to concentrate it actually even helps unless it's music that's intensively loud which I wouldn't be listening to anyway if concentrating is what I'm needing to do.
When I am designing it helps me. I used to have music playing all the time no matter what I am doing. No for some reason, it is distracting when I play video games. I have started turning even the game music down quite a bit while I play.
With me music helps me a lot. The type of tone the music has the effect on my work it causes.. I'm Yoda!
But with video games I feel like it makes me within the world it self for instance; when I'm playing Stardew Valley the music changes on whats happening, like it could be a beautiful day outside and the music is cheerful or there a thunderstorm and it adds somewhat of a spooky feel to the music within the game itself..
Owner of Isaac's Logo service/I-Logos
Send me
A PM!

Music helps me in whatever I'm doing except for, when I'm reading books, the ironic is, when I write, I MUST have music.
The road to nowhere leads to me.
(02-04-2017, 10:53 PM)Michael2017 Wrote: Music helps me in whatever I'm doing except for, when I'm reading books, the ironic is, when I write, I MUST have music.

Reading would be one of the exceptions for me too unless it's just a paragraph or two.
No. I find music makes me more productive sometimes - especially songs like the Tetris theme :)
I always enjoy listening to music while working, it helps me to focus better
No music doesn't distract me.
It depends on the genre for me. I can work best with slow music.
Depending on the type of music and the type of work. When I am making video with sound involved I never but on music because it confuses me and distracts me. But if I am making a logo in illustrator or editing a photo in Photoshop, then I am blasting music. I have been listening to a lot of Hispanic music like "Mi Gente".