Welcome, Guest Login Register

Are Crowdsourcing Sites Worth It
I joined 99 Designs and a few other sites mainly to expand and update my portfolio before I started truly freelancing on other freelance sites. The only problem is that 99 Design and for Designcrowd have sent me notices that my designs do not meet their quality standard blah blah blah, and to working on their contests independently and submit them after several months to be able to design again. I agree with them in that my skills need work, and that was the whole point of me joining them was because I wanted to improve. My question is though, are these sites great standards to go off of? The designs that I do see output on these sites lack a ton of skill in my opinion, and really I am going to be working for free for these sites for 3+ months to hope for one day win a contest. Has anyone done anything on these sites to know if this is a good rout? Before being suspended my designs did get high ratings from contest creators, so I know I probably could do well in working with clientele. I am currently designing on Designhill and can use that for my goal. Just wondering if shooting for 99 Desgins would be worth my time.
I've heard about websites like 99Designs in the past and even considered giving them a try but they're honestly swarmed with people which results in your odds of winning being decreased. That's probably why I've never tried it. If you're looking to expand and update your portfolio you could give Fiverr a try and even make a few extra bucks while you're at it.

Unfortunately I have nothing else to add about this.
Thanks for the feedback. I have signed up on Fiverr, and have yet to sit down and really figure out how it works. It does look like a great site though.
From personal experience, signing up to freelance sites can really go either way. Never used 99 designs before, but find that odd that they would suspend you. Seems counter intuitive and could put down potential future designers. :/

Theres a tonne of great sites for you to improve your skills and make a bit of money on the site. As Wage said Fiverr is brilliant! Ive had a lot of success on there :)

If your struggling to find sites, there is a stickied post in the design section that gives quick overviews of some sites :)
Awesome thanks! I did read the stickied post, and that was very well done and helpful. Fiverr does seem really great place to start. I hope to work on figuring it out in the next few days.

I also thought it was strange about 99 Designs. I did contact them about it to see what standards they have for designers, and they wouldn't give any details. I thought this may be helpful for anyone thinking about trying them.
(12-24-2016, 11:47 AM)Createch Wrote: Theres a tonne of great sites for you to improve your skills and make a bit of money on the site. As Wage said Fiverr is brilliant! Ive had a lot of success on there :)

I took the advice given by both of you and created a gig on Fiverr. The problem is that I went through all the steps, but searching you cannot find my gig anywhere. I am not sure if I did something wrong, or if you really do have to pay to promote your gig for anyone to find you. 

I know I could go to the Fiverr community, and I am willing to do that, but I figured I would try here first. :)
(01-18-2017, 01:39 PM)bjett Wrote:
(12-24-2016, 11:47 AM)Createch Wrote: Theres a tonne of great sites for you to improve your skills and make a bit of money on the site. As Wage said Fiverr is brilliant! Ive had a lot of success on there :)

I took the advice given by both of you and created a gig on Fiverr. The problem is that I went through all the steps, but searching you cannot find my gig anywhere. I am not sure if I did something wrong, or if you really do have to pay to promote your gig for anyone to find you. 

I know I could go to the Fiverr community, and I am willing to do that, but I figured I would try here first. :)

[Image: BaPDxaq.png]

Go there and make sure your gig is active. That could be the problem. Let me know and if that doesn't work we'll try something else. If I recall correctly I had this problem at first.
(01-18-2017, 09:12 PM)Wage Wrote: [Image: BaPDxaq.png]

Go there and make sure your gig is active. That could be the problem. Let me know and if that doesn't work we'll try something else. If I recall correctly I had this problem at first.

I did try this as suggested. It does show active.
[Image: HbL53Q3.png]

Try using the drop down menu where you see my mouse cursor and click preview. If it doesn't show you your gig page something may be wrong.
(01-19-2017, 03:36 AM)Wage Wrote: [Image: HbL53Q3.png]

Try using the drop down menu where you see my mouse cursor and click preview. If it doesn't show you your gig page something may be wrong.
The preview worked, and even though I cannot find it in the search either by my username, or by looking for my gig, I guess other can see it because it shows I have 13 views and all of the stats are going up. Thanks for you all your help on this!!