Welcome, Guest Login Register

What video editing software do you use?
(12-18-2016, 11:40 PM)Snow Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 11:27 PM)Wage Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 11:21 PM)Snow Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 11:13 PM)Wage Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 11:07 PM)Snow Wrote: I use Premiere and After Effects interchangeably for my latest videos. I used to use Sony Vegas which was both efficient and quick on the render. However it did not provide the flexibility that both Premiere and After Effects can offer. The editing time has slightly increased since I am not yet seasoned with shortcuts and what not, rendering does take longer because of after effects and also me using higher quality settings. But I feel after I add a few much needed upgrades to my PC it should be able to handle it really well.

What settings do you use in AE?

On a side note, you probably already know of it but I'll note it down just in case — handbrake is really good for compressing video size for larger videos without sacrificing quality.
I have seen and used handbrake in the past. Not sure if compressing a file would do any good because there is still the need to render(I need to do some reading on this to learn the in's and out's).

Well when I used AE I usually use it through PR and then use media encoder for rendering the two together at the same time. I did have to reset my PC so my settings for export are gone and I don't know it from the top of my head.

I meant when you're fully done rendering your video and you want to decrease the size of it to shorten the amount of time needed to upload the video to places like YouTube. Seriously helped me in the past due to me only having like a 0.45 upload speed (that's on a good day).

OH, the upload time for me is pretty quick already its the render that takes the most time since I use Premiere, AE and Audition simultaneously. I might mess around with handbrake more to get some quicker uploads though.

Sounds like you have a pretty good setup going there bud. I've never used Premiere or Audition(I've used audacity though).
(12-18-2016, 11:42 PM)Wage Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 11:07 PM)Snow Wrote: I use Premiere and After Effects interchangeably for my latest videos. I used to use Sony Vegas which was both efficient and quick on the render. However it did not provide the flexibility that both Premiere and After Effects can offer. The editing time has slightly increased since I am not yet seasoned with shortcuts and what not, rendering does take longer because of after effects and also me using higher quality settings. But I feel after I add a few much needed upgrades to my PC it should be able to handle it really well.

On a side note, you probably already know of it but I'll note it down just in case — handbrake is really good for compressing video size for larger videos without sacrificing quality.
I have seen and used handbrake in the past. Not sure if compressing a file would do any good because there is still the need to render(I need to do some reading on this to learn the in's and out's).

Well when I used AE I usually use it through PR and then use media encoder for rendering the two together at the same time. I did have to reset my PC so my settings for export are gone and I don't know it from the top of my head.

I meant when you're fully done rendering your video and you want to decrease the size of it to shorten the amount of time needed to upload the video to places like YouTube. Seriously helped me in the past due to me only having like a 0.45 upload speed (that's on a good day).

OH, the upload time for me is pretty quick already its the render that takes the most time since I use Premiere, AE and Audition simultaneously. I might mess around with handbrake more to get some quicker uploads though.

Sounds like you have a pretty good setup going there bud. I've never used Premiere or Audition(I've used audacity though).

I use audacity as well. I am trying to use Audition more because i can use it more easily with the workflow of premiere.
(12-19-2016, 12:26 AM)Snow Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 11:42 PM)Wage Wrote:

I use audacity as well. I am trying to use Audition more because i can use it more easily with the workflow of premiere.

Apart from it being more suitable for your personal needs would you say it's much better than Audacity? I may give it a look.
(12-20-2016, 02:29 AM)Wage Wrote: -snip-
Apart from it being more suitable for your personal needs would you say it's much better than Audacity? I may give it a look.
If you have adobe CC is comes with everything anyways. It is a lot better at multi tracking, you can use it straight from Premiere. The effects and such you use in audition for your voice is not destructive.
EDIT: I forgot you can make live settings to the mic so there is no need for post editing as well.