Welcome, Guest Login Register

What do you do to make logos stick out?
This is a question I pose for all the graphics designers on PF. When you design logos, do you have any particular requirements set by yourself that you must fill. Are there any specialities that must go into a logo that us non-graphics designers don't know about? Maybe particular colors, sharpness, etc. something to catch the viewer's eye? Or nothing and you just do your best to make the logo representative of the subject?

Thank you. The reason I ask is that so I know for future use, in case I ever start focusing on Photoshop more, or if I have a custom order and should specify to the designer what I need.

Thank you and I look forward to learning! Well wishes.  Xd
The logo itself has to match the brand/person that I'm actually doing it for, in other words it needs to make sense. It can't just be some random object pen-tooled with random shapes mirrored as a whole. Because while some random object that may look appealing might seem unique it's probably worthless.
(09-14-2016, 12:40 AM)Wage Wrote: The logo itself has to match the brand/person that I'm actually doing it for, in other words it needs to make sense. It can't just be some random object pen-tooled with random shapes mirrored as a whole. Because while some random object that may look appealing might seem unique it's probably worthless.

Great! Thank you.

I would rep or like this post but unfortunately can't, so this is my only method of appreciation. :P
(09-17-2016, 09:50 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:
(09-14-2016, 12:40 AM)Wage Wrote: The logo itself has to match the brand/person that I'm actually doing it for, in other words it needs to make sense. It can't just be some random object pen-tooled with random shapes mirrored as a whole. Because while some random object that may look appealing might seem unique it's probably worthless.

Great! Thank you.

I would rep or like this post but unfortunately can't, so this is my only method of appreciation. :P

Ah, I disabled reputation for administrators since it seemed kind of worthless. Might re-enable it don't know yet.
The precise shape and color is what usually attracts me but I personally think this varies from person to person.