Welcome, Guest Login Register

3D interacting with 2D - Cinema 4D Calibration
So I have been getting into 3D and I wanted to test some stuff out. This is just some basic calibrating (which was a bitch and I failed the first time xD). Basically the balls are interacting with an Image to make it seem like its a part of the environment. After the first image I used didn't work(idk why it just had trouble with camera position, orientation) I tried this image of a room.  I plan to use C4D/Blender for VFX so I am looking to improve. The environment isn't completely done, such as the arms of the sofa and such I didn't register. I won't finish because I'm going to start over and do another image.

If you have questions or suggestions feel free to reply : )

Its a gif because I didn't want to render it just to restart it you know : P

I can see some of those balls sinking into the nearest cushion and coming out of the side a bit but this is actually really good considering you're new to 3D? If it were me I'd start with less balls and work my way up from there.
(07-22-2016, 09:29 PM)Wage Wrote: I can see some of those balls sinking into the nearest cushion and coming out of the side a bit but this is actually really good considering you're new to 3D? If it were me I'd start with less balls and work my way up from there.

Yea I am pretty new. Calibrating is a bitch xD I am glad I got it to work. I used the balls as a way to see how it would interact with the picture. Later I am thinking about making some dope animations or some VFX with it.
(07-22-2016, 09:32 PM)PapaJoy Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 09:29 PM)Wage Wrote: I can see some of those balls sinking into the nearest cushion and coming out of the side a bit but this is actually really good considering you're new to 3D? If it were me I'd start with less balls and work my way up from there.

Yea I am pretty new. Calibrating is a bitch xD I am glad I got it to work. I used the balls as a way to see how it would interact with the picture. Later I am thinking about making some dope animations or some VFX with it.

You did a decent job as it is, feel free to update me when you do some more.
(07-22-2016, 09:37 PM)Wage Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 09:32 PM)PapaJoy Wrote:

You did a decent job as it is, feel free to update me when you do some more.

Aight, sounds good!