Welcome, Guest Login Register

How to find the name of a font
Hi everyone.

Just a quick tutorial on trying to find the name of a font which you may have seen in use. This is not 100% accurate and will not always work, however it may suggest a similar alternative font.

Step 1: Take a screenshot, or crop the design so that you only have the text in view. (Please note that this works best on plain backgrounds)

Step 2: Go to 'What The Font'

Step 3: Browse your computer for the image that you created or captured in step 1 then press 'continue'.

Step 4: Now look at each of the images and make sure the text box agrees with the character highlighted in the image. Leave character boxes blank if no valid character is highlighted.

Step 5: Now press continue, and you will be presented with the font, or suitable alternatives!

- Horizon
Thoroughly made tutorial for something I see designers struggling with a lot.

Thanks for taking the time to write it out.
(05-01-2016, 12:29 PM)Wage Wrote: Thoroughly made tutorial for something I see designers struggling with a lot.

Thanks for taking the time to write it out.

No problem, I'm always willing to help out, especially when it's something I find so useful myself!
Really good useful tutorial Horizon! Nice and easy to follow as well :)
Oh yea I been actually looking for this, that's really awesome.
Thanks for the share!
(05-01-2016, 02:44 PM)Createch Wrote: Really good useful tutorial Horizon! Nice and easy to follow as well :)

(05-01-2016, 03:39 PM)Tyrant Wrote: Oh yea I been actually looking for this, that's really awesome.
Thanks for the share!

Thanks both of you!