Welcome, Guest Login Register

My First Ever Thumbnail!
So, as this is my first ever thumbnail, please don't hate my work. 
(Warning: Image is big as all hell)
(This is not a thumbnail for one of my videos, and the face is KOSDFF's face)
Not bad at all for a first thumbnail. Few touch ups needed though but nothing major.

1) work on the cutting out of the face, looks a little rough at areas so i would try soften them a little.

2) maybe make the text bigger and stand out a little more. The title a lot of the time is what brings people into the video so i would try make that more of a focus.

Other than that, its pretty good for a first thumbnail :)
(07-03-2016, 06:43 AM)Createch Wrote: Not bad at all for a first thumbnail. Few touch ups needed though but nothing major.

1) work on the cutting out of the face, looks a little rough at areas so i would try soften them a little.

2) maybe make the text bigger and stand out a little more. The title a lot of the time is what brings people into the video so i would try make that more of a focus.

Other than that, its pretty good for a first thumbnail :)

Thank you for the constructive criticism. 

The face was my first face cutting out, (obviously) and I didn't watch any tutorials just was messing around. I will try to do much better next time. 

Yeah, the text was a bit of a stiffer when trying to come up with a (fake) title name, and I really should have made it more bold and stand out. 

I completely agree with constructive criticism, so thank you.
Ok so this is lacking basicly all the fundamentals of a good piece.

First, you really want to have only one focal point in your art, otherwise it tends to make the image look crowded and ugly. Now this isnt saying its impossible to pull off more than one, but it's more difficult for sure.

Second thing is blending. You want to make your aspects of your art look like they belong in the picture and not just slapped onto the workspace. This includes lighting, depth (which can be created using blurring and sharpening), making sure you don't put a black and white object in a color piece as you did here, and many other techniques that you can learn from doing tutorials found all over the internet.

I would also look up The Rule of Thirds. This will help explain the best way to place your objects so that they look the best visually.

Text is hard. I've been doing graphics on and off since 2010 and i still am pretty bad at text. One thing i can tell you tho is putting a black stroke (or any color for that matter) never looks good. Text should complement the piece not overpower it.

You'll get better with practice. I would look up a bunch of tutorials if this is something you plan on doing again, and don't be afraid to ask for help/advice. We all learn from our mistakes.
[Image: hanging_by_a_web_by_bkotz-da5izla.png]
(07-03-2016, 01:45 PM)Bkotz Wrote: Ok so this is lacking basicly all the fundamentals of a good piece.

First, you really want to have only one focal point in your art, otherwise it tends to make the image look crowded and ugly. Now this isnt saying its impossible to pull off more than one, but it's more difficult for sure.

Second thing is blending. You want to make your aspects of your art look like they belong in the picture and not just slapped onto the workspace. This includes lighting, depth (which can be created using blurring and sharpening), making sure you don't put a black and white object in a color piece as you did here, and many other techniques that you can learn from doing tutorials found all over the internet.

I would also look up The Rule of Thirds. This will help explain the best way to place your objects so that they look the best visually.

Text is hard. I've been doing graphics on and off since 2010 and i still am pretty bad at text. One thing i can tell you tho is putting a black stroke (or any color for that matter) never looks good. Text should complement the piece not overpower it.

You'll get better with practice. I would look up a bunch of tutorials if this is something you plan on doing again, and don't be afraid to ask for help/advice. We all learn from our mistakes.

Thank you very much for your feed back. I don't really plan on doing thumbnails, as I don't do videos to often anymore. But I will still do them for fun most likely.