Welcome, Guest Login Register

How do you charge your clients?
(07-01-2016, 09:07 AM)Illustrator Wrote: I generally don't decide on the price until I've finished the design, although I can give a ballpark range of what it will be based on past transactions.
My prices are based off of how much time and effort I put into a design.
If I have to go back and change a bunch of things at the clients request, it'll end up being more.
But if it takes me 5 minutes and it's very simple, it will end up being less.
I don't really see a need to charge set rates per hour.

That's pretty much how I do my business too.
As others have stated, if I am to charge some one it would depend on how much effort I put in it.
Iv never charged for my work, I wouldn't even know where to start.
[Image: hanging_by_a_web_by_bkotz-da5izla.png]
So i take a kill fee on any project, even if its only 20 bucks.
I have been scammed far too much.

Because I require 50% up front, I in the end always charge a flat rate.
For big projects I estimate how long it will take and use that amount of time at $40/h for my price.
For web design I charge by the page.
And for anything small i just do set prices.

It works out in the end.
What money I sometimes lose in underestimating the final price I gain back by the fact if a project gets killed i still have the deposit.

I am contemplating switching to a day rate though since it is much much easier to keep track of, make estimates, and all that.
Well depends on what kind of clients we are talking, I know I already stated above, but if were talking about prostitution, well lets just say I charge $5.
(07-07-2016, 12:27 PM)Ominous Wrote: Well depends on what kind of clients we are talking, I know I already stated above, but if were talking about prostitution, well lets just say I charge $5.

Awww come on man! Your worth at least $7
(07-07-2016, 05:41 PM)Createch Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 12:27 PM)Ominous Wrote: Well depends on what kind of clients we are talking, I know I already stated above, but if were talking about prostitution, well lets just say I charge $5.

Really? You think so? :')
(07-07-2016, 08:13 PM)Ominous Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 05:41 PM)Createch Wrote:

Really? You think so? :')

Oh yeah definitely! its the luminous green panties that did it for me ;)
(07-07-2016, 06:41 AM)nuance Wrote: So i take a kill fee on any project, even if its only 20 bucks.
I have been scammed far too much.

Because I require 50% up front, I in the end always charge a flat rate.
For big projects I estimate how long it will take and use that amount of time at $40/h for my price.
For web design I charge by the page.
And for anything small i just do set prices.

It works out in the end.
What money I sometimes lose in underestimating the final price I gain back by the fact if a project gets killed i still have the deposit.

I am contemplating switching to a day rate though since it is much much easier to keep track of, make estimates, and all that.

I haven't had many clients bail on me but I may start following the same practices you follow. The kill fee policy does make sense.
I really only accept PayPal and deal with quality clients, I never got into Bitcoin.