Welcome, Guest Login Register

How do you display your work?
As a beginner that's never had any experience with photography this is a good question. Apart from a forum or close friend, where and how do you showcase all the photos you take? Where do you go to get the best feedback?
Instagram, twitter, hell any social media for that matter. :grin:
(06-29-2016, 03:55 AM)Brownie Wrote: Instagram, twitter, hell any social media for that matter. :grin:

I didn't even know you did photography, have any work you can show me?
(06-29-2016, 04:04 AM)Wage Wrote:
(06-29-2016, 03:55 AM)Brownie Wrote: Instagram, twitter, hell any social media for that matter. :grin:

I mean if taking a picture of my food and putting it on kik, is photography, then I mean yes, yes I do.
(06-29-2016, 05:25 AM)Brownie Wrote:
(06-29-2016, 04:04 AM)Wage Wrote:

I mean if taking a picture of my food and putting it on kik, is photography, then I mean yes, yes I do.

Well I can't say it doesn't count because I'm not a photographer. :kitty:
Not a photographer myself but id say Instagram is one of the best places! Such a large potential audience with easy ways to get it to new people via hash tags. Can also get paid on instagram for them :)
(06-29-2016, 10:14 AM)Createch Wrote: Not a photographer myself but id say Instagram is one of the best places! Such a large potential audience with easy ways to get it to new people via hash tags. Can also get paid on instagram for them :)

I didn't know Instagram did payouts, how does that work?
(06-29-2016, 09:25 PM)Wage Wrote:
(06-29-2016, 10:14 AM)Createch Wrote: Not a photographer myself but id say Instagram is one of the best places! Such a large potential audience with easy ways to get it to new people via hash tags. Can also get paid on instagram for them :)

So its rather different from something like YouTube for instance. IG itself aren't the ones who pay you. Its pretty easy to get a big following quickly should you have something slightly niche or unique. But the best way to make money from IG is by sponsorships or ads / product placement. Theres plenty of companies and I'm sure sites to help that partner you up with companies and you charge them to post something on your page. 

Of course you choose what you want up there and for it to be relevant. So for instance, i have that Division IG now with 11.6K followers. Then if a company contact me / i contact them, i send them a quote ( can't remember the site off the top of my head but will let you know) and once they pay, there post goes up :) 

According to said site, my quotes are at £120 per direct picture upload and £150 for a video of any length up to 1minute. Since starting it I've probs put up about 7 pictures where I've been paid :) 

Besides product placement you can also just sell your photos. You'll likely get the odd person wanting to buy one so just charge them a price and send them like a poster version of it :)
(06-30-2016, 07:05 AM)Createch Wrote:
(06-29-2016, 09:25 PM)Wage Wrote:

So its rather different from something like YouTube for instance. IG itself aren't the ones who pay you. Its pretty easy to get a big following quickly should you have something slightly niche or unique. But the best way to make money from IG is by sponsorships or ads / product placement. Theres plenty of companies and I'm sure sites to help that partner you up with companies and you charge them to post something on your page. 

Of course you choose what you want up there and for it to be relevant. So for instance, i have that Division IG now with 11.6K followers. Then if a company contact me / i contact them, i send them a quote ( can't remember the site off the top of my head but will let you know) and once they pay, there post goes up :) 

According to said site, my quotes are at £120 per direct picture upload and £150 for a video of any length up to 1minute. Since starting it I've probs put up about 7 pictures where I've been paid :) 

Besides product placement you can also just sell your photos. You'll likely get the odd person wanting to buy one so just charge them a price and send them like a poster version of it :)

Oh I was already aware of things of that nature, I thought you were proposing IG were actually the clients. Thanks for the info man.
Flickr is quite good. It's also worth looking at tl uploading your photos to a site such as shutterstock to earn some small beer tokens in return for people using your images.