Welcome, Guest Login Register

Windows or Mac for best performance?
(07-04-2016, 06:19 AM)Ominous Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 05:26 AM)Wage Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 04:40 AM)Ominous Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 02:19 AM)Wage Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 04:19 AM)Ominous Wrote: For me, I use a windows, always have, always will.
With windows I can do all of my personal needs, as well as graphic designing.
If for what ever reason I did want to use a MAC-OS, then I could get the iso file, and run it in a Virtual Machine.

But it mainly is down to personal preff, and in my case it is windows, and always has been.

I'm sure there's also a way you could dual boot Mac with Windows just like you can with Ubuntu.

In theory, that is possible. But it would be easier, and it would also safer if you ran it inside of a virtual machine.

For some reason my computer isn't good enough to run any of the available VM software.

Have you tried turning down how much ram it is using? As well as the amount of storage?

If I recall correctly I used the recommended settings which were really low already.
(07-04-2016, 06:24 AM)Wage Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 06:19 AM)Ominous Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 05:26 AM)Wage Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 04:40 AM)Ominous Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 02:19 AM)Wage Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 04:19 AM)Ominous Wrote: For me, I use a windows, always have, always will.
With windows I can do all of my personal needs, as well as graphic designing.
If for what ever reason I did want to use a MAC-OS, then I could get the iso file, and run it in a Virtual Machine.

But it mainly is down to personal preff, and in my case it is windows, and always has been.

I'm sure there's also a way you could dual boot Mac with Windows just like you can with Ubuntu.

In theory, that is possible. But it would be easier, and it would also safer if you ran it inside of a virtual machine.

For some reason my computer isn't good enough to run any of the available VM software.

Have you tried turning down how much ram it is using? As well as the amount of storage?

If I recall correctly I used the recommended settings which were really low already.

Hmm, you might not have enough ram, and/or storage space. 
If you help you can contact me on Skype: dreigend
Iv always been a PC person. Iv built 3 of them. I had to use a Mac for my Digital Imaging class in college and it was by far the worst thing i've ever designed on. Mac doesn't even have the no virus argument anymore. Stick to PC.
[Image: hanging_by_a_web_by_bkotz-da5izla.png]
(07-05-2016, 09:45 PM)Bkotz Wrote: Iv always been a PC person. Iv built 3 of them. I had to use a Mac for my Digital Imaging class in college and it was by far the worst thing i've ever designed on. Mac doesn't even have the no virus argument anymore. Stick to PC.

What made the Mac bad exactly? I'm thinking about getting one.
Windows has given me so much shit through the years I'll get the mac first chance I get.
(07-05-2016, 09:45 PM)Bkotz Wrote: Iv always been a PC person. Iv built 3 of them. I had to use a Mac for my Digital Imaging class in college and it was by far the worst thing i've ever designed on. Mac doesn't even have the no virus argument anymore. Stick to PC.

Well prolly the most annoying and idiotic thing is the mouse only has one button....wtf? Also if you move your mouse too far away from the window your in the entire screen becomes transparent and shows your desktop. I almost punched the computer i was working on at school because this kept happening. Also, good luck upgrading your Mac. PC parts are easily changeable and have many options depending on your price range and needs, while Apple just says "Here ya go!". I have never heard of a custom mac. My PC could easily shit on any mac out there and even tho i havnt looked at prices recently, im pretty sure its alot cheaper then a Mac. You're paying for a name and logo on a mediocre machine basically.
[Image: hanging_by_a_web_by_bkotz-da5izla.png]
(07-07-2016, 06:31 AM)Delysid Wrote: Windows has given me so much shit through the years I'll get the mac first chance I get.

I've never had any problems with Windows, what's going on with yours? I may be able to help.
Windows works fine for me. Windows 10 is decent, has good software support and other things we need.