Welcome, Guest Login Register

Windows or Mac for best performance?
I see a lot of experienced designers going with the Mac since it's very reputable when it comes down to using programs like Photoshop. I've personally never owned or wanted a Mac since Windows is more than enough for me. Can a Mac really compete with a tip-top Windows build? Or is it just personal preference.
Again just like with a lot of things, i think it all comes down to personal preference. A windows build can run design programs with no problem at all. Ive used both and i think Mac does work slightly better with them but not enough for it to sway your mind on what to buy.

Personally I'm a Mac person and would never go back to windows as I'm just so used to the interface and how Mac works now :)
(06-29-2016, 10:28 AM)Createch Wrote: Again just like with a lot of things, i think it all comes down to personal preference. A windows build can run design programs with no problem at all. Ive used both and i think Mac does work slightly better with them but not enough for it to sway your mind on what to buy.

Personally I'm a Mac person and would never go back to windows as I'm just so used to the interface and how Mac works now :)

I'm a big fan of Mac's interface as well, I just prefer not being limited to what I can run.

I wish there was a system with Mac's interface and good qualities mixed in with Windows.
(06-29-2016, 09:24 PM)Wage Wrote:
(06-29-2016, 10:28 AM)Createch Wrote: Again just like with a lot of things, i think it all comes down to personal preference. A windows build can run design programs with no problem at all. Ive used both and i think Mac does work slightly better with them but not enough for it to sway your mind on what to buy.

I'm a big fan of Mac's interface as well, I just prefer not being limited to what I can run.

I wish there was a system with Mac's interface and good qualities mixed in with Windows.
Yeah i agree thats the only thing I'm not a fan of when it comes to Mac. 

Ohhh how i wish there was that :) We can dream :P
I've worked with both Mac and Windows PC, and I have to say I prefer Mac when it comes to designing. It feels more natural to me when using it.
For me, I use a windows, always have, always will.
With windows I can do all of my personal needs, as well as graphic designing.
If for what ever reason I did want to use a MAC-OS, then I could get the iso file, and run it in a Virtual Machine.

But it mainly is down to personal preff, and in my case it is windows, and always has been.
(07-01-2016, 04:19 AM)Ominous Wrote: For me, I use a windows, always have, always will.
If for what ever reason I did want to use a MAC-OS, then I could get the iso file, and run it in a Virtual Machine.

But it mainly is down to personal preff, and in my case it is windows, and always has been.

I'm sure there's also a way you could dual boot Mac with Windows just like you can with Ubuntu.
(07-04-2016, 02:19 AM)Wage Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 04:19 AM)Ominous Wrote: For me, I use a windows, always have, always will.

I'm sure there's also a way you could dual boot Mac with Windows just like you can with Ubuntu.

In theory, that is possible. But it would be easier, and it would also safer if you ran it inside of a virtual machine.
(07-04-2016, 04:40 AM)Ominous Wrote:

In theory, that is possible. But it would be easier, and it would also safer if you ran it inside of a virtual machine.

For some reason my computer isn't good enough to run any of the available VM software.
(07-04-2016, 05:26 AM)Wage Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 04:40 AM)Ominous Wrote:

For some reason my computer isn't good enough to run any of the available VM software.

Have you tried turning down how much ram it is using? As well as the amount of storage?