Poll: Do you support this idea?
This poll is closed.
Yes, it's a very good idea.
83.33%
5 83.33%
No, it's a very bad idea.
0%
0 0%
I'm having mixed feelings, but I'll explain in a reply.
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DOTW Poll
(06-27-2016, 12:04 PM)Blu Wrote:
(06-27-2016, 10:11 AM)Wage Wrote:
(06-27-2016, 10:08 AM)Blu Wrote:
(06-27-2016, 10:03 AM)Wage Wrote:
(06-27-2016, 09:56 AM)Blu Wrote: I think this is a great idea! I have an idea for an award. Each week the designer of the week could have a userbar. But only 1 person may have it at a time. Say for instance, I am designer of the week ( unlikely I know Wink  ) After a week of me having the userbar, somebody else gets the userbar instead or if I win again, I get to keep it again. That way there's also a competitiveness to it because people may be trying to win the rare title.

That can be great since we're still small plus some competition is always nice but I also think an award would fit better since I wouldn't have to take it away.

That is true, only thing is. If everyone gets to keep the award then loads of people get it and it won't mean much (no offense) But it would lose it's value over time wouldn't you think?

Yep that could also be a problem unless we get a sudden spike of new members.

We mind end up going with either the userbar idea or a tag under your profile on all posts.

That's also true. Either way, it's a good idea. Will just take time to work out the kinks Xd

My Ideas are too good! :evil:
(06-27-2016, 09:56 AM)Blu Wrote: I think this is a great idea! I have an idea for an award. Each week the designer of the week could have a userbar. But only 1 person may have it at a time. Say for instance, I am designer of the week ( unlikely I know Wink  ) After a week of me having the userbar, somebody else gets the userbar instead or if I win again, I get to keep it again. That way there's also a competitiveness to it because people may be trying to win the rare title.

That can be great since we're still small plus some competition is always nice but I also think an award would fit better since I wouldn't have to take it away.

That is true, only thing is. If everyone gets to keep the award then loads of people get it and it won't mean much (no offense) But it would lose it's value over time wouldn't you think?

We mind end up going with either the userbar idea or a tag under your profile on all posts.

That's also true. Either way, it's a good idea. Will just take time to work out the kinks Xd

With regards to it loosing its value, i don't feel it would. Were likely to have a steady increase of users join the site and as the site gets bigger that number will go up quicker. So our level of members should out compete the number of winners. 

On the other hand, an award would mean there wouldn't be any incentive to win it again as you don't have something extra to show it off unless there were slight changes to the award icon to resemble it.
(06-27-2016, 01:42 PM)Createch Wrote:

With regards to it loosing its value, i don't feel it would. Were likely to have a steady increase of users join the site and as the site gets bigger that number will go up quicker. So our level of members should out compete the number of winners. 

On the other hand, an award would mean there wouldn't be any incentive to win it again as you don't have something extra to show it off unless there were slight changes to the award icon to resemble it.

I wouldn't mind making the award a userbar either, I just want a solution that prevents me from taking an award away to give to someone else.
(06-27-2016, 07:48 PM)Wage Wrote:

I wouldn't mind making the award a userbar either, I just want a solution that prevents me from taking an award away to give to someone else.
Yeah i wouldn't take it away, it would be an award a user keeps. But the problem is to get people to keep entering after they've won cause some people will loose motivation after they have as they don't gain anything. You would have to make slight variations of the Userbar or Award to represent how many times someone has won it (bit like COD does with prestige level) so people still have something to aim for.
(06-28-2016, 06:32 AM)Createch Wrote:

Yeah i wouldn't take it away, it would be an award a user keeps. But the problem is to get people to keep entering after they've won cause some people will loose motivation after they have as they don't gain anything. You would have to make slight variations of the Userbar or Award to represent how many times someone has won it (bit like COD does with prestige level) so people still have something to aim for.

Which is exactly why it will probably have to be removed and given to someone else, kind of like a rotation.

A fight to keep the title.
(06-28-2016, 07:22 AM)Wage Wrote:

Which is exactly why it will probably have to be removed and given to someone else, kind of like a rotation.

Changes wouldn't have to be that different, like use Roman Numerals to represent how many wins going up to 10. It will be a while before someone gets 10 wins especially when the site grows and more members enter.
(06-28-2016, 07:44 AM)Createch Wrote:

Changes wouldn't have to be that different, like use Roman Numerals to represent how many wins going up to 10. It will be a while before someone gets 10 wins especially when the site grows and more members enter.

That would require me to create 5-10 different groups depending on how many wins we decide to add.

Or a plugin. MyBB doesn't have any built-in core options to handle that.
(06-28-2016, 07:49 AM)Wage Wrote:

That would require me to create 5-10 different groups depending on how many wins we decide to add.

Oh i didn't realise you would have to create groups to have a user bar, thought its just a cosmetic thing you add
(06-28-2016, 07:59 AM)Createch Wrote:

Oh i didn't realise you would have to create groups to have a user bar, thought its just a cosmetic thing you add

It's certainly possible...but would it be worth adding that many.
(06-28-2016, 08:06 AM)Wage Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 07:59 AM)Createch Wrote:

It's certainly possible...but would it be worth adding that many.

Maybe just 3 or 5? People have given different options so go with whatever you believe works best and is convenient for you :)