Poll: Do you support this idea?
This poll is closed.
Yes, it's a very good idea.
83.33%
5 83.33%
No, it's a very bad idea.
0%
0 0%
I'm having mixed feelings, but I'll explain in a reply.
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DOTW Poll
Credit to Louis for coming to me with this idea. What better way to boost activity around here than a Design of the Week challenge? Once we finish plotting out all of the ideas for this and if it goes good, we can make this an every week thing.

What does DOTW aka Design of the Week mean?

A contest that determines the very best design submitted to us within a one week period(5 days instead of 7).

How do I submit my work every week to this?

A new thread will be created each week that will hold all of that week's submissions. Anyone can enter, there are no requirements unless otherwise stated for that week.

Is there a reward for winning one of these contests?

Yes, but I haven't decided what yet. It will not be a cash reward as this will be a weekly thing and it's just not fair to others playing with that sort of thing. The award could be a new DOTW award, a nice little Designer of the Week tag under your profile, or even a shiny little userbar. Have another idea? Let us know. I'm making this thread to get insight on things like these.

Lastly but most importantly, will there be requirements for each contest like size limitations, types, colors, etc?

No, designers shouldn't be limited. We're a forum holding a friendly contest and just because someone else wants to battle it out over forum signatures doesn't mean another designer can't submit his amazing social media layout. You may submit anything that you created. Stealing another's artwork or claiming it as your own will result in you being suspended from all future DOTW contests and current.

Have any ideas? Disagree with something? I want your opinion.
I really like this idea. That's awesome. It'll be fun to see what people come up with.
(06-27-2016, 04:49 AM)Rutsy Wrote: I really like this idea. That's awesome. It'll be fun to see what people come up with.

Do you have any ideas for rewards?
Ive seen these work really well in the past with other forums and design teams! Like you said, it should hopefully boost activity!

Well on board for this idea! For the reward i think you've hit the nail on the head with doing some sort of cosmetic reward like a award or user bar :)

Looking forward to this moving on :)
(06-27-2016, 08:36 AM)Createch Wrote: Ive seen these work really well in the past with other forums and design teams! Like you said, it should hopefully boost activity!

Well on board for this idea! For the reward i think you've hit the nail on the head with doing some sort of cosmetic reward like a award or user bar :)

Looking forward to this moving on :)

An award seems more appropriate, but I would want it custom made since this is pretty special.
I think this is a great idea! I have an idea for an award. Each week the designer of the week could have a userbar. But only 1 person may have it at a time. Say for instance, I am designer of the week ( unlikely I know Wink  ) After a week of me having the userbar, somebody else gets the userbar instead or if I win again, I get to keep it again. That way there's also a competitiveness to it because people may be trying to win the rare title.
(06-27-2016, 09:56 AM)Blu Wrote: I think this is a great idea! I have an idea for an award. Each week the designer of the week could have a userbar. But only 1 person may have it at a time. Say for instance, I am designer of the week ( unlikely I know Wink  ) After a week of me having the userbar, somebody else gets the userbar instead or if I win again, I get to keep it again. That way there's also a competitiveness to it because people may be trying to win the rare title.

That can be great since we're still small plus some competition is always nice but I also think an award would fit better since I wouldn't have to take it away.
(06-27-2016, 10:03 AM)Wage Wrote:
(06-27-2016, 09:56 AM)Blu Wrote: I think this is a great idea! I have an idea for an award. Each week the designer of the week could have a userbar. But only 1 person may have it at a time. Say for instance, I am designer of the week ( unlikely I know Wink  ) After a week of me having the userbar, somebody else gets the userbar instead or if I win again, I get to keep it again. That way there's also a competitiveness to it because people may be trying to win the rare title.

That can be great since we're still small plus some competition is always nice but I also think an award would fit better since I wouldn't have to take it away.

That is true, only thing is. If everyone gets to keep the award then loads of people get it and it won't mean much (no offense) But it would lose it's value over time wouldn't you think?
(06-27-2016, 10:08 AM)Blu Wrote:

That is true, only thing is. If everyone gets to keep the award then loads of people get it and it won't mean much (no offense) But it would lose it's value over time wouldn't you think?

Yep that could also be a problem unless we get a sudden spike of new members.

We mind end up going with either the userbar idea or a tag under your profile on all posts.
(06-27-2016, 10:11 AM)Wage Wrote:
(06-27-2016, 10:08 AM)Blu Wrote:

Yep that could also be a problem unless we get a sudden spike of new members.

We mind end up going with either the userbar idea or a tag under your profile on all posts.

That's also true. Either way, it's a good idea. Will just take time to work out the kinks Xd