Welcome, Guest Login Register

How To Make A Simple Logo. [2D]
So, you want to learn how you can make a simple looking logo. Well you came to the right place. I will provide download links for everything that I use, so don't worry. For this tutorial I will be making a Z, and I find it to be a very easy, and yet rare logo. 

First thing is first, is you want to open Photoshop. 

Once your Photoshop opens, click File, new, and make the settings EXACTLY like mine. 

[Image: CU3br1A.png]

So now you have that you are ready to get started. 

Now you wan't to make sure that your foreground colors, is black in the front, and white in the back. It should look like this.

[Image: PwlxaPR.png]

Now press CRTL + BACKSPACE.

Got it?, Good. Now lets get started on the logo its self. 

Go ahead and select the rectangle tool, which is located 3 spots above the foreground color picker tool. 

Now, you want to go ahead and make a single [] (bar). So now it should be looking like this. 

[Image: bdArRdX.png]

Now, you want to press CTRL + J so it copies the previous bar we made. Now go back to your first one and press CTRL + T, and change it into being the top of your logo, which in our case will be a Z. 

So from here, you want to make your basic letter. Which once again will be a Z in my case. 

[Image: 198XcTl.png]

Now your logo should look like this, now hold down CTRL, and select each of your layers. Once you have that done press CTRL + E. 

(Now go ahead and add a new layer from the bottom, be sure to drag it to the very bottom) 

[Image: MjFcTjY.png]

From here you can do 2 things. 

One, you can right click on the logo you just made, and add gradients, drop shadows, ect. What ever pleases you, the most. 

Secondly, you can add photo(s), to your logo and then create a cliping mask, and then use that. 

I will be using a gradient, as well as some other options the options. 

Your final product should come out something like this.

Your final steps, are to delete the white layer, but keep the transparent layer. 

Finally, just save you image as a PNG. 

(The final product, this was made in less then 15 minutes)

[Image: zo2ieh6.png]

*Posted after the original thread*

Something else you can do, is modify the look up it, by rasterizing the layer, and then make things like triangles through out the logo, and make it look neat. But as I said, its all up to you.
Well written and straight forward Tutorial Brownie, thank you for making this.
(06-21-2016, 09:45 PM)Wage Wrote: Well written and straight forward Tutorial Brownie, thank you for making this.

Thank you. I plan to write another one, which will be a part 2 of this, which will show how to customize the logo, to make it look even better!
(06-22-2016, 12:51 AM)Brownie Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 09:45 PM)Wage Wrote: Well written and straight forward Tutorial Brownie, thank you for making this.

Thank you. I plan to write another one, which will be a part 2 of this, which will show how to customize the logo, to make it look even better!

I'll look out for it, I need to start writing out some more tutorials as well.
(06-22-2016, 03:21 AM)Wage Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 12:51 AM)Brownie Wrote:

I'll look out for it, I need to start writing out some more tutorials as well.

:grin: 
Just take your time man, nice and slow. Stay on track, don't over do yourself.