Welcome, Guest Login Register

Community Lounge
Pinned Thread
(09-03-2016, 05:03 AM)PuggyDreamy Wrote: Hm, Pale Moon is faster than Firefox, it has less bloat.
Also, my board has 29 members and 700+ posts in 4 days, and I narrowed it down to retrogaming more.

I'll definitely check it out later then, may be a pretty good browser.

Congratulations.
Thanks for the congratulation. I remember when you used to be a mod there, too. :)
We also have a default theme and another theme in the works, there.

I'd suggest checking out the browser, though. Hope it works for you.
101Gamers - Where pixels become discussions
(09-03-2016, 11:36 AM)PuggyDreamy Wrote: Thanks for the congratulation. I remember when you used to be a mod there, too. :)
We also have a default theme and another theme in the works, there.

I'd suggest checking out the browser, though. Hope it works for you.

I'd join again but I'm not really a fan of that type of forum software.
Haha, I actually quite like the software, simply because it seems to attract a certain niche of people on them (mostly ROM hackers and retro gamers), as well as the fact it's extremely simple to use. The code is rather outdated though, although we have a GitHub repo for improvements to the code.

Has some interesting features like multiple ranksets users can set, custom post layouts, multiple avatars, etc. although lacks others, at least it has an admin panel unlike the original AcmlmBoard software. The main thing for moderators though is that deleting posts doesn't hide them from users, but instead you get to specify a reason for the post deletion.

As it happens, we've managed to hit 1000 posts in around 5 days with 31 users. And not a single post was by a deleted user, which is nice, and under 30 of the posts made were deleted in total or so. Pretty nice growth.

Though I feel we might have too many staff with few posts they've proved to me that they're trustworthy people for the job. Even people that normally spam the site have come back as legit users.
(09-04-2016, 06:36 AM)PuggyDreamy Wrote: Haha, I actually quite like the software, simply because it seems to attract a certain niche of people on them (mostly ROM hackers and retro gamers), as well as the fact it's extremely simple to use. The code is rather outdated though, although we have a GitHub repo for improvements to the code.

Has some interesting features like multiple ranksets users can set, custom post layouts, multiple avatars, etc. although lacks others, at least it has an admin panel unlike the original AcmlmBoard software. The main thing for moderators though is that deleting posts doesn't hide them from users, but instead you get to specify a reason for the post deletion.

As it happens, we've managed to hit 1000 posts in around 5 days with 31 users. And not a single post was by a deleted user, which is nice, and under 30 of the posts made were deleted in total or so. Pretty nice growth.

Though I feel we might have too many staff with few posts they've proved to me that they're trustworthy people for the job. Even people that normally spam the site have come back as legit users.

I like the whole custom post layout thing so users can customize it with CSS.
Yeah, that's a nice idea. Would be cool, to see that as some sort of plugin on MyBB, if anyone could code it. :)
(09-06-2016, 04:04 AM)PuggyDreamy Wrote: Yeah, that's a nice idea. Would be cool, to see that as some sort of plugin on MyBB, if anyone could code it. :)

I know a few that would do it but it wouldn't be for free and I know for a fact it wouldn't ever be considered as a core feature.
Haha, that's because it's something trivial I guess.
(09-06-2016, 11:44 AM)PuggyDreamy Wrote: Haha, that's because it's something trivial I guess.

Could be really annoying and confusing to other users too, definitely if abused. Which would require restrictions so in the end it wouldn't be worth anything.

I know in 2.0 they have HTML in posts planned, so there's something.
Been working on a new theme for the last 4 hours or so and it's looking good so far!