Welcome, Guest Login Register

Community Lounge
Pinned Thread
(08-25-2016, 08:30 PM)Smurfy Wrote: Hey everyone. Thanks for the invitation to the site Wage, I'm already liking what I see from the community you have here! If anyone wants to connect with me my Twitter is @SmurfyJCK

Not a problem, welcome to PixelForums.

Forum has decreased in activity recently so if it looks a bit dead that's why.
I'm back after quite a while. I forgot about this place.

I managed to fix my OVH account by reverting back to an old PHP configuration and I just moved my site back to its old URL, which is pretty awesome. Hopefully there's some sort of StopForumSpam blacklist I can use that doesn't require me to add any code to the forum software, but one that actually blacklists spammers completely from accessing, since I had to delete a spammer earlier again.

Might also change my email to one on my domain again, too.
101Gamers - Where pixels become discussions
(08-30-2016, 12:32 PM)PuggyDreamy Wrote: I'm back after quite a while. I forgot about this place.

I managed to fix my OVH account by reverting back to an old PHP configuration and I just moved my site back to its old URL, which is pretty awesome. Hopefully there's some sort of StopForumSpam blacklist I can use that doesn't require me to add any code to the forum software, but one that actually blacklists spammers completely from accessing, since I had to delete a spammer earlier again.

Might also change my email to one on my domain again, too.

Welcome back and congrats on getting your website setup again. Always liked that domain.
I thought of SEO, and ease of remembrance, yeah. A lot of people liked it :)
(08-30-2016, 03:17 PM)PuggyDreamy Wrote: I thought of SEO, and ease of remembrance, yeah. A lot of people liked it :)

It would be nice if you could find a way to merge all your other closed boards with that one, that way all that progress isn't lost.
Yeah, Yushe still has the archive for my other lost board, while I could try to get an earlier archive myself of it. It's kind of sad I keep closing boards but kinda shows the progress I make each time I make one, and I feel I'm a lot better now then say, a while ago.

Also, I added HTTPS support to it using Let's Encrypt, unfortunately it did mess up because it's not fully verified, so it's not redirecting by default for now, but it's a good thing it's there because it ensures security I guess. I did it when I found the option and darkeater38 mentioned it.

Anyway, does anyone in here use Pale Moon web browser?
(08-31-2016, 05:16 AM)PuggyDreamy Wrote: Yeah, Yushe still has the archive for my other lost board, while I could try to get an earlier archive myself of it. It's kind of sad I keep closing boards but kinda shows the progress I make each time I make one, and I feel I'm a lot better now then say, a while ago.

Also, I added HTTPS support to it using Let's Encrypt, unfortunately it did mess up because it's not fully verified, so it's not redirecting by default for now, but it's a good thing it's there because it ensures security I guess. I did it when I found the option and darkeater38 mentioned it.

Anyway, does anyone in here use Pale Moon web browser?

Never heard of that browser before, I'm using Google Chrome on all of my computers.
It's based off Firefox but is slowly becoming its own thing, it's a good browser. Several people use it at my board, and they like it.

I suggest you give it a go. Also, Chrome eats up a lot of memory and RAM.
(08-31-2016, 12:28 PM)PuggyDreamy Wrote: It's based off Firefox but is slowly becoming its own thing, it's a good browser. Several people use it at my board, and they like it.

I suggest you give it a go. Also, Chrome eats up a lot of memory and RAM.

Firefox has always been slow for me and I don't know why.
Hm, Pale Moon is faster than Firefox, it has less bloat.
Also, my board has 29 members and 700+ posts in 4 days, and I narrowed it down to retrogaming more.