Welcome, Guest Login Register

Notifications
Hello,

So I was wondering if a notification style thing could be added to the forums. Something that'd tell you about replies to your messages or posts on your threads. If there is on, I don't see it and I apologize!

Thank you,
Rutsy
There is a section on your settings which you can choose your style of notifications

Yeah you go to your User CP then edit options under profile :)
(06-14-2016, 06:17 AM)Createch Wrote: There is a section on your settings which you can choose your style of notifications

Yeah you go to your User CP then edit options under profile :)

I just checked there and I don't think we're thinking the same things. I don't want email notifications, what I want is an "on website" sort of notification thing. Growing in number with each notification. Click it, and it shows the notifications that you have not read yet.
I agree.

http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=518

The alerts however can be hard to catch without some extra styling by Wage. I always thought the forum needed a notifications system too. I usually just go to View Today's Posts because even on forums that have such a system, it's hard to see. Would be helpful to know when somebody quotes you from a thread you haven't visited often, however. Great suggestion and I support it. :D
If this were to be added, I would like there be the option to turn it off, and on.
There's only one available plugin for MyBB that's safe to install as of right now and I'm waiting for it to mature a little more.

Before it could be added I'd need to rip out a lot that comes with it by default.

I also forgot to add that the alert system in question also supports our current like system so that means when you receive a like you will be alerted for it.
(06-14-2016, 12:44 PM)Wage Wrote: There's only one available plugin for MyBB that's safe to install as of right now and I'm waiting for it to mature a little more.

Before it could be added I'd need to rip out a lot that comes with it by default.

I also forgot to add that the alert system in question also supports our current like system so that means when you receive a like you will be alerted for it.

I like that! Hopefully soon it'll mature.