Welcome, Guest Login Register

New YouTube Thumbnail Style
(06-13-2016, 07:38 PM)Rutsy Wrote: @Covet, I just updated the thread!

I like that a'lot more man! The left arm needs a little bit of touching up on though, but other then that, it looks outstanding!
(06-13-2016, 07:40 PM)Covet Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 07:38 PM)Rutsy Wrote: @Covet, I just updated the thread!

I like that a'lot more man! The left arm needs a little bit of touching up on though, but other then that, it looks outstanding!

Should I fade out that left arm?
(06-13-2016, 07:38 PM)Rutsy Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 07:34 PM)Covet Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 07:33 PM)Rutsy Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 07:31 PM)Createch Wrote: So on the eraser / rubber tool, just bring the hardness right down and lightly brush it away to create the fade effect :)

(06-13-2016, 07:31 PM)Covet Wrote: Wow man, that actually looks really good!
I personally think it looks amazing, the only thing wrong with it is the cut off arm, which Createch told you about.

@Createch, I'll give the arm a little light erasing and post a version 2!

#Covet, Thank you! I'll be replacing the old thumbnails as I go and making new ones.

Awesome man! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

(06-13-2016, 07:36 PM)Wage Wrote:
Quote:The text looks layered. It is. I don't know how to work with 3D modeling software, so I took upon copy and pasting layers to make the text seem 3D.

You can still make it look really good using the method you did, and it does.

I think this looks really good apart from you having your arms cut off and the green episode text could be changed to a different color.

Not bad.

@Covet, I just updated the thread!

@Wage, can you recommend a color? Also, how do I determine a matching color in the future?

Yeah thats a little better as it blends in  :) Wouldn't of taken off so much myself but alls good :) Still great job on the overall thumbnail!!
(06-13-2016, 07:42 PM)Createch Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 07:38 PM)Rutsy Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 07:34 PM)Covet Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 07:33 PM)Rutsy Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 07:31 PM)Createch Wrote: So on the eraser / rubber tool, just bring the hardness right down and lightly brush it away to create the fade effect :)

(06-13-2016, 07:31 PM)Covet Wrote: Wow man, that actually looks really good!
I personally think it looks amazing, the only thing wrong with it is the cut off arm, which Createch told you about.

@Createch, I'll give the arm a little light erasing and post a version 2!

#Covet, Thank you! I'll be replacing the old thumbnails as I go and making new ones.

Awesome man! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

(06-13-2016, 07:36 PM)Wage Wrote:
Quote:The text looks layered. It is. I don't know how to work with 3D modeling software, so I took upon copy and pasting layers to make the text seem 3D.

You can still make it look really good using the method you did, and it does.

I think this looks really good apart from you having your arms cut off and the green episode text could be changed to a different color.

Not bad.

@Covet, I just updated the thread!

@Wage, can you recommend a color? Also, how do I determine a matching color in the future?

Yeah thats a little better as it blends in  :) Wouldn't of taken off so much myself but alls good :) Still great job on the overall thumbnail!!

Thank you! haha. Next one I'll have someone take a picture of me. It'll have my whole upper body so that I'm able to manipulate it better. I appreciate the feedback!
(06-13-2016, 07:45 PM)Rutsy Wrote: Thank you! haha. Next one I'll have someone take a picture of me. It'll have my whole upper body so that I'm able to manipulate it better. I appreciate the feedback!

Sounds great man. You are doing a outstanding job with your graphics.
Quote:@Wage, can you recommend a color? Also, how do I determine a matching color in the future?

I usually sample from a color that's already present in the canvas.
(06-13-2016, 07:48 PM)Wage Wrote:
Quote:@Wage, can you recommend a color? Also, how do I determine a matching color in the future?

I'll do that on the next one. I am trying to decide if I should take a bunch of pictures and replace all the current thumbnails, or just do the new style from now on.
(06-13-2016, 07:52 PM)Rutsy Wrote:

I'll do that on the next one. I am trying to decide if I should take a bunch of pictures and replace all the current thumbnails, or just do the new style from now on.

I say just do it from here on out. So then people can see your skills from before, and after.
(06-13-2016, 07:53 PM)Covet Wrote:

I say just do it from here on out. So then people can see your skills from before, and after.

Ok, sounds good. I'll keep the old thumbnails and start from now on. Thank you!
(06-13-2016, 08:01 PM)Rutsy Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 07:53 PM)Covet Wrote:

Ok, sounds good. I'll keep the old thumbnails and start from now on. Thank you!

Loving the new style of your thumbnails man, keep it up!