Welcome, Guest Login Register

New YouTube Thumbnail Style
Hello PixelForums,

So, I started experimenting with Photoshop and looking at some tutorials. I noticed that for YouTube a lot of professional YouTubers were using their own pictures in their thumbnails alongside cool text and colors. I am taking up that style of thumbnails, so this is my first shot at it. As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Version 1:

Version 2:

To anyone that wants to know, yes that is me! Also, I had to use my phone's front facing camera with Snapchat haha. That is why my arms are cut off. Not the best, but I'm working with what I've got.

Let me know what you think,
Rutsy

EDIT:
The text looks layered. It is. I don't know how to work with 3D modeling software, so I took upon copy and pasting layers to make the text seem 3D.
Actually really like it! The text looks really nice even in the way you have done it without 3D software! My only thing would be use a light eraser to basically fade out your cut off arm so it blends better with the background instead of having a straight cut.

Apart from that, really well done!!
(06-13-2016, 07:28 PM)Createch Wrote: Actually really like it! The text looks really nice even in the way you have done it without 3D software! My only thing would be use a light eraser to basically fade out your cut off arm so it blends better with the background instead of having a straight cut.

Apart from that, really well done!!

Thank you! What do you mean by a "light eraser"?
So on the eraser / rubber tool, just bring the hardness right down and lightly brush it away to create the fade effect :)
Wow man, that actually looks really good!
I personally think it looks amazing, the only thing wrong with it is the cut off arm, which Createch told you about.
(06-13-2016, 07:31 PM)Createch Wrote: So on the eraser / rubber tool, just bring the hardness right down and lightly brush it away to create the fade effect :)

(06-13-2016, 07:31 PM)Covet Wrote: Wow man, that actually looks really good!
I personally think it looks amazing, the only thing wrong with it is the cut off arm, which Createch told you about.

@Createch, I'll give the arm a little light erasing and post a version 2!

#Covet, Thank you! I'll be replacing the old thumbnails as I go and making new ones.
(06-13-2016, 07:33 PM)Rutsy Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 07:31 PM)Createch Wrote: So on the eraser / rubber tool, just bring the hardness right down and lightly brush it away to create the fade effect :)

#Covet, Thank you! I'll be replacing the old thumbnails as I go and making new ones.

Awesome man! Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Quote:The text looks layered. It is. I don't know how to work with 3D modeling software, so I took upon copy and pasting layers to make the text seem 3D.

You can still make it look really good using the method you did, and it does.

I think this looks really good apart from you having your arms cut off and the green episode text could be changed to a different color.

Not bad.
(06-13-2016, 07:36 PM)Wage Wrote:
Quote: the green episode text could be changed to a different color.

I agree with that, it just kind of looks a little odd with everything else being blue. I like the way it looks overall though.
(06-13-2016, 07:34 PM)Covet Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 07:33 PM)Rutsy Wrote:

Awesome man! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

(06-13-2016, 07:36 PM)Wage Wrote:
Quote:The text looks layered. It is. I don't know how to work with 3D modeling software, so I took upon copy and pasting layers to make the text seem 3D.

You can still make it look really good using the method you did, and it does.

I think this looks really good apart from you having your arms cut off and the green episode text could be changed to a different color.

Not bad.

@Covet, I just updated the thread!

@Wage, can you recommend a color? Also, how do I determine a matching color in the future?