Welcome, Guest Login Register

What Do I Do?!
Okay so it is storming where I live right now, and since my cat is in heat there is a'lot of male cats, and female cats coming up here. With that being said about 10 minutes ago I went under my house because I could have sworn I heard what sounded like a little kitten meowing under my air vent in the floor, and sure enough there it was. There was one dead kitten, and once alive kitten. I just had this happen about 5 weeks ago with another kitten, and I am not sure what to do. I am going to bury the dead kitten as soon as the rain lets down to where I can go and barry it. But what do I do with this kitten, and the other one. We have mostly dogs, so we can't keep them sadly but I am not sure what to do, right now I have it in a towel beside me.

The last kitten (about 5 weeks ago) was just like this one, but it wasn't raining. I was playing Black Ops 3 when I heard the same noise, and so I went and got my flash light and looked under my house and of course there was a kitten, and one of them died in my hands. But this time, about 15 minutes ago I was eating my dinner, when I heard the same noise at first I thought my mind was playing tricks on me until my girlfriend came in asked me if I heard that, and to which I replied yea. So I put down my plate instantly and went under the house AGAIN and sure enough it was at the same spot as the other kitten. I don't know what I am supposed to do with these kittens, do I take them to the pound, the animal shelter, or what? I would keep them, but I can't because of all my dogs.
I'd say find a family member or friend that you know would take good care of it and give it to them, but not anyone is going to take that responsibility or may already have a pet. Take it to an animal shelter and tell them you found it out in the storm.

You may end up having to pay them a small fee, which goes toward their food and caring.
(06-13-2016, 07:17 PM)Wage Wrote: I'd say find a family member or friend that you know would take good care of it and give it to them, but not anyone is going to take that responsibility or may already have a pet. Take it to an animal shelter, tell them you found it out in the storm.

You may end up having to pay them a small fee, which goes toward their food and caring.

I am fine with paying a fee, I just want the little guy to be safe. I wan't him to find a home where they will take good care of him, and all my family members have dogs, so I might take it to a animal shelter, and pay the fee. I mean he is so cute and I just wanna keep him but I know that I can't. Thank you for giving me that idea Wage. As much as I hate to do it, I might not have a choice.
Yeah id say take it to the RSPCA or something similar if you can't care for it yourself. It will be properly looked after there and they might be able to find out if it belongs to anyone via a tracking chip or something :)
(06-13-2016, 07:25 PM)Createch Wrote: Yeah id say take it to the RSPCA or something similar if you can't care for it yourself. It will be properly looked after there and they might be able to find out if it belongs to anyone via a tracking chip or sometng :)

Alright, I will do it in the morning, since they are closed here right now. And I am pretty sure its a stray because it doesn't even have its eyes open just yet. 

- Thank you very much.
Glad to know its okay, real shame about the others :(
(06-13-2016, 07:30 PM)Createch Wrote: Glad to know its okay, real shame about the others :(

Yea, I had to hold back my tears since my girlfriend is over at my house, but in the inside I was bawling my eyes out. But on the bright side of things at least I managed to save one of them and it can live a long, happy life.  :heart:
Just thought I would come to this thread, to inform everyone that the kitten is safe, and a small family with 2 kids who love kittens down the street, came and took it. The kitten is now at a home with a very caring family, and it is safe.
(06-16-2016, 08:44 PM)Covet Wrote: Just thought I would come to this thread, to inform everyone that the kitten is safe, and a small family with 2 kids who love kittens down the street, came and took it. The kitten is now at a home with a very caring family, and it is safe.

So glad to hear it all turned out alright for the kitten :) Well done on getting it a loving home as well :)