Welcome, Guest Login Register

Beginner Photoshop Tutorials
I'm looking to write as many hand-written Photoshop tutorials as possible but could use the extra insight. I have a tutorial I'm working on right now covering Smart Layers in Photoshop but I'm looking for other topics I can cover in order to get a slew of nice tutorials put together. Any suggestions?

A few ideas:
  • How to create basic custom brushes
  • How to use Smart Layers
  • How to create a custom texture from scratch
  • A guide to using some of the basic features in Photoshop's Filter Gallery
  • Covering the basic functions of the Clone and Pattern Stamp Tools
Maybe write a tutorial on how to remove a watermark on something in Photoshop.
As it something that can come in handy when making fake fan art, or if you're trying to remove the watermark for obvious reasons.
(06-13-2016, 07:05 PM)Covet Wrote: Maybe write a tutorial on how to remove a watermark on something in Photoshop.
As it something that can come in handy when making fake fan art, or if you're trying to remove the watermark for obvious reasons.

I wouldn't cover anything that could lead to promoting or stealing another's artwork but you did give me an idea.

I can do a tutorial for the Clone/Pattern Stamp Tools.
(06-13-2016, 07:22 PM)Wage Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 07:05 PM)Covet Wrote: Maybe write a tutorial on how to remove a watermark on something in Photoshop.

I wouldn't cover anything that could lead to promoting or stealing another's artwork but you did give me an idea.

I can do a tutorial for the Clone/Pattern Stamp Tools.

True, true I did not think about that. 
And ooh, yea that is a good idea.
What do the Clone/Stamp tools do?
Some potential topics for you: 

Creating your own Colour Correction.

Intro to the Adjustment layer panel.

Intro to the Filter Section

(Slightly more advanced)

Facial retouching tutorial (Spot healing / content aware etc..)

Simple Photo Manipulation tutorials:
  • Changing eye colour
  • Blending images together
  • creating lighting in an image

Hope these helped :)
(06-13-2016, 07:27 PM)Rutsy Wrote: What do the Clone/Stamp tools do?

You can clone an area of your choosing to the brush tool and use it as a brush.

This helps with things like ground replacing. Say you have a highway road that has a crack in it, you can clone the part of the road that isn't damaged and cover up the crack using the same texture making it appear as if the crack was never there.

(06-13-2016, 07:39 PM)Createch Wrote: Some potential topics for you: 

Creating your own Colour Correction.

Intro to the Adjustment layer panel.

Intro to the Filter Section

(Slightly more advanced)

Facial retouching tutorial (Spot healing / content aware etc..)

Simple Photo Manipulation tutorials:
  • Changing eye colour
  • Blending images together
  • creating lighting in an image

Hope these helped :)

All of these can be done, thanks for the suggestions.
(06-13-2016, 07:40 PM)Wage Wrote:

This helps with things like ground replacing. Say you have a highway road that has a crack in it, you can clone the part of the road that isn't damaged and cover up the crack using the same texture making it appear as if the crack was never there.

Sounds really cool, but just a beginner question: If you use a copied section as a brush to cover another, how do you make it flow in the copied section as if it was always there?
(06-13-2016, 07:42 PM)Rutsy Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 07:40 PM)Wage Wrote:

Sounds really cool, but just a beginner question: If you use a copied section as a brush to cover another, how do you make it flow in the copied section as if it was always there?

It's just trial and error, and you'll almost ALWAYS be using a soft brush. It just really depends on what you're doing.