Welcome, Guest Login Register

Pro's And Con's Of Templates.
  •        Pro's of using a template
  • You don't have to do any work.
  • If your a newbie at doing GFX, you can learn a little bit about how layers work.
  • Quick, and easy to edit. 
  • You can have something pre-made normally pro(.) looking within minutes!
  •        Con's of using a template.
  • You're not learning how to make your own GFX.
  • You're not learning anything really, besides how layers work.
  • People will know it is a template, for the most part. 
  • You can't claim it as yours, and if you do then you can be sued. 
  • You can't give yourself credit for it.
  • You are not going to make money, nor have fun doing it, as you are doing nothing but changing some text.
      So, what have you learned from this? 
Well, you should have learned that its better to just watch some tutorials, or teach your self on how to make your own logos, banners, ect.
Quote:You're not learning anything really, besides how layers work.

Just starting out you can learn a lot from just a template like light sources, how smart layers work, how they achieved the end result effect depending on how many layers were merged, how to use adjustment levels, etc.

It's just like how people struggle with watching programming tutorials yet they can look at someone else's written code and get an idea of what's going on. I think this applies to just about everything and everyone has a different learning process.
(06-13-2016, 05:54 PM)Wage Wrote:
Quote:You're not learning anything really, besides how layers work.

Just starting out you can learn a lot from just a template like light sources, how smart layers work, how they achieved the end result effect depending on how many layers were merged, how to use adjustment levels, etc.

It's just like how people struggle with watching programming tutorials yet they can look at someone else's written code and get an idea of what's going on. I think this applies to just about everything and everyone has a different learning process.

That is true, but really it comes down to the template, there ability of what there doing, and a few more factors.
Templates are good to have for custom work. I can't recall ever using a public template in any of my projects, videos, forums, anything. Because people have seen it before and will know it's a template. Custom work is a lot more professional. But templates can help you learn a lot. Especially when you first start. Same thing as tutorial videos.
(06-13-2016, 10:04 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote: Templates are good to have for custom work. I can't recall ever using a public template in any of my projects, videos, forums, anything. Because people have seen it before and will know it's a template. Custom work is a lot more professional. But templates can help you learn a lot. Especially when you first start. Same thing as tutorial videos.

Like I said it depends on what they know, and if they actually are willing to learn how it works. But that is true.
(06-14-2016, 11:14 AM)Covet Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 10:04 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote: Templates are good to have for custom work. I can't recall ever using a public template in any of my projects, videos, forums, anything. Because people have seen it before and will know it's a template. Custom work is a lot more professional. But templates can help you learn a lot. Especially when you first start. Same thing as tutorial videos.

Like I said it depends on what they know, and if they actually are willing to learn how it works. But that is true.
Yep. I went through the phase of looking at intro templates on YouTube back when I very first started making CoD videos in 09. I learned some Cinema 4D and AE, but that's it. Never learned enough to create my own high quality work, but I got accustomed to the navigation of the programs which are good.
(06-14-2016, 11:20 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:

Yep. I went through the phase of looking at intro templates on YouTube back when I very first started making CoD videos in 09. I learned some Cinema 4D and AE, but that's it. Never learned enough to create my own high quality work, but I got accustomed to the navigation of the programs which are good.

That is amazing man, glad to hear that. When using C4D I started off with templates, and how I learned is by going through it and just messing with different things. Eventually I got the basics of C4D, and got more famiular with it as time went on.

After learning how to use Photoshop navigating an application like Adobe After Effects was a breeze, Cinema4D was a bit different though. I think most people are just intimidated by how complicated most of these design programs look. There was a time when I was intimidated by them myself but most people can pick up these programs relatively easy once they get past that.
(06-19-2016, 11:26 PM)Wage Wrote:

After learning how to use Photoshop navigating an application like Adobe After Effects was a breeze, Cinema4D was a bit different though. I think most people are just intimidated by how complicated most of these design programs look. There was a time when I was intimidated by them myself but most people can pick up these programs relatively easy once they get past that.

Yep, very true. Also a lot of these programs have a lot of features that take time to learn well. That's what I have problems with mostly.