Welcome, Guest Login Register

My First YouTube Banner
(06-13-2016, 04:12 PM)Wage Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 03:58 PM)Rutsy Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 08:35 AM)Covet Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 07:56 AM)Rutsy Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 07:05 AM)Createch Wrote: For a very first banner this is actually not that bad! Nice simple design and backdrop :) Similar to what Blu mentioned i would change the text to more simple 2D text. When it comes down to design, consistentcy is key so keep it all 2D or all 3D.

Nether the less nice banner, just needs a but more work :)

(06-13-2016, 07:13 AM)Covet Wrote: A very nice banner for your first time.
As other users stated, it just needs a little bit of work.

Thank you Createch and Covet. I'll post my art as I make it here.

You're most very welcome. But don't thank me, thank your self. You were able to make that banner on your own, with your own cursor, and fingers. You did a amazing job for your first banner, and if you keep it up, I think you have a bright future in front of you.

(06-13-2016, 01:46 PM)Wage Wrote: The brushes could use some blending but I see a lot of people wanting backgrounds like these, I've always enjoyed backgrounds with landscapes in them.

@Covet, thank you for the kind words. It's inspiring me to keep trying. I should start by making new thumbnails to my videos, those are pretty bad haha.

@Wage, I used the snowy mountains from a google image since my CS:GO team's name is Frostbite. Also, can you explain to me what you mean by "brushes could use some blending"?

The detail around that circle logo, it appears to be some sort of snow/splatter type brush perhaps? I was suggesting blending it more so it doesn't stand out as much maybe dropping the opacity a bit? Nonetheless good job.

Yes! That is what it was meant to look like haha. Thank you for the feedback.
(06-13-2016, 07:05 AM)Createch Wrote: For a very first banner this is actually not that bad! Nice simple design and backdrop :) Similar to what Blu mentioned i would change the text to more simple 2D text. When it comes down to design, consistentcy is key so keep it all 2D or all 3D.

You're most very welcome. But don't thank me, thank your self. You were able to make that banner on your own, with your own cursor, and fingers. You did a amazing job for your first banner, and if you keep it up, I think you have a bright future in front of you.

(06-13-2016, 01:46 PM)Wage Wrote: The brushes could use some blending but I see a lot of people wanting backgrounds like these, I've always enjoyed backgrounds with landscapes in them.

@Covet, thank you for the kind words. It's inspiring me to keep trying. I should start by making new thumbnails to my videos, those are pretty bad haha.

@Wage, I used the snowy mountains from a google image since my CS:GO team's name is Frostbite. Also, can you explain to me what you mean by "brushes could use some blending"?

Hey man, keep up your good work. If you can make a banner like that, I know for a fact you can make some amazing thumbnails.
(06-13-2016, 04:15 PM)Covet Wrote:

Hey man, keep up your good work. If you can make a banner like that, I know for a fact you can make some amazing thumbnails.

I'll try and make one today. I'll post it later. I see that more professional YouTubers are using pictures of themselves "reacting" in their thumbnails. That is something I may do after I get a haircut soon haha.