Welcome, Guest Login Register

How long have you been designing?
Just how long have you all been designing? I've been designing for roughly about 4-5 years on and off, I started out doing YouTube Backgrounds back before the whole Google+ thing happened and they updated the layout.

Now it's just a hobby for me and I might complete some work every now and then.

One of the very first YT backgrounds I ever made, this was a very long time ago.
I started when i was 11 making the old style youtube backgrounds in gimp haha. started to use photoshop within a month and got into designing for cod teams. still pretty young so ive been designing for about 6 years with many many breaks. i wish i could of found some work to share but its too far back haha.

Edit: I found an AVI i did in 2012.
(04-26-2016, 08:09 AM)FuzzyDesigns Wrote: I started when i was 11 making the old style youtube backgrounds in gimp haha. started to use photoshop within a month and got into designing for cod teams. still pretty young so ive been designing for about 6 years with many many breaks. i wish i could of found some work to share but its too far back haha.

Edit: I found an AVI i did in 2012.

CoD is pretty much the same way I got started, I still play every now and then but don't upload videos much.

I have a lot of the old designs I did just starting out because I downloaded them from my really old photobucket account before deleting it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Wagility/videos
Well, I wouldn't really consider myself as a Designer, but who can judge, I been designing as a complete hobby, can't remember when I started,
I always had passion to create my own stuff in my own way, I would've show some of my work but yet again, I am not really a designer, so don't have any showcase,
But I still enjoy it :)
(04-26-2016, 05:52 PM)Tyrant Wrote: Well, I wouldn't really consider myself as a Designer, but who can judge, I been designing as a complete hobby, can't remember when I started,
I always had passion to create my own stuff in my own way, I would've show some of my work but yet again, I am not really a designer, so don't have any showcase,
But I still enjoy it :)

Just a heads up but sometime or another I'll be adding tutorial and help sectors for those that are interested in design and want to learn.
So I've been designing for about the past 7 years now. Like many of you i started out on YouTube making backgrounds for people in the COD community. Sadly don't have any of that work left from back then. Had been doing that for about 4 years as a hobby but started to progress it as a career and took Graphic Design at College and Uni.

Now I've been professionally freelancing for the past 2 years as my job while I'm at Uni. The past 7 years have been great and looking forward to learning more in the many years to come!
(04-28-2016, 05:15 PM)Createch Wrote: So I've been designing for about the past 7 years now. Like many of you i started out on YouTube making backgrounds for people in the COD community. Sadly don't have any of that work left from back then. Had been doing that for about 4 years as a hobby but started to progress it as a career and took Graphic Design at College and Uni.

Now I've been professionally freelancing for the past 2 years as my job while I'm at Uni. The past 7 years have been great and looking forward to learning more in the many years to come!

7 years and still enjoying yourself, that's nice. I never went to design school, but I've heard that you may or may not gain much from it if you're already pretty decent when you enroll. How was your experience?

I'm sure it really just depends on what school you go to.
(04-28-2016, 05:23 PM)Wage Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 05:15 PM)Createch Wrote: So I've been designing for about the past 7 years now. Like many of you i started out on YouTube making backgrounds for people in the COD community. Sadly don't have any of that work left from back then. Had been doing that for about 4 years as a hobby but started to progress it as a career and took Graphic Design at College and Uni.

7 years and still enjoying yourself, that's nice. I never went to design school, but I've heard that you may or may not gain much from it if you're already pretty decent when you enroll. How was your experience?

So i didn't go to a design school so to speak, just standard College. I studied Business, Psychology and IT as well as Graphic Design while i was there. The lecturer was amazing there, he'd made a fortune from design and retired to teach. I learned so much from him! Those were a real helpful 2 years and really pushed me to follow design as a career. 

Uni on the other hand, i take Digital Media Design. My first year i didn't learn much as it was stuff that id already taught myself/college. Second year on the other hand has been really good and I've learnt a lot. Both have been really good experiences!
(04-28-2016, 06:13 PM)Createch Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 05:23 PM)Wage Wrote:

So i didn't go to a design school so to speak, just standard College. I studied Business, Psychology and IT as well as Graphic Design while i was there. The lecturer was amazing there, he'd made a fortune from design and retired to teach. I learned so much from him! Those were a real helpful 2 years and really pushed me to follow design as a career. 

Uni on the other hand, i take Digital Media Design. My first year i didn't learn much as it was stuff that id already taught myself/college. Second year on the other hand has been really good and I've learnt a lot. Both have been really good experiences!

Sounds like a great experience, I'm glad to hear it was educational.
I worked at a marketing company doing 'artwork and print' for 2 years before moving to another job. I've had a break out of it for a little while now, however I'm getting back into the creative media side of things, this time with a camera!